[SOLVED] All of a sudden my build won't turn on (Turns on then off)

tomtendo

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
I've had my build for 3-4 years and all of a sudden when I go to turn it on it flashes on for about a second then right back off and continually does this until I completely shut it off. Ideas? Help?

Solution
put on all system specs you might have a falling psu try to use occt to stress test it for about 10 minutes and before you start test take not off all voltages readings on it

tomtendo

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
Ok, I just unplugged all my ram and gpu and it turned on for a little longer, but then now if you try to turn on, it just turns on for second then turns off and doesn't try again. no loop

tomtendo

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
put on all system specs you might have a falling psu try to use occt to stress test it for about 10 minutes and before you start test take not off all voltages readings on it

What do you mean put on all system specs?

I just unplugged all RAM and GPU, the computer didn't turn on but it acted differently. Then I did 1 stick of RAM and its staying on, but I can't get the HDMI from Motherboard to read on my monitor so i don't know whats going on.

tomtendo

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
it could you might have to get it in a shop for test but before made sure all power cable are well seated on the board a loose cable could made similar issue .

Got it. I called EVGA (PSU Manufacturer) and they had me do a paperclip test. The PSU turned and stayed on, which was a good sign, but then he had me plug the PSU to the MOBO and it started doing it again. He still said its most probable that it's the PSU and I am doing a RMA replacement. I hope its the PSU..