All of my files got converted to .java

shrix3r

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Hi guys,
Today while I was scrolling Facebook 90% of my files got converted to .java extension. Only Internet Explorer and some system programs are not affected. I tried to do system restore but windows said "There is no restore point.". I don't want to install a new copy of windows because i have some important files. What should I do ? There is a screenshot of my problem: https://imgur.com/a/ROROU

I can't see your screenshot. Do you have your important files backed up? Had you set Windows to create restore points? If not, that would explain why there are no restore points. If you did have Windows to create restore points and they are now gone, that could be the work of whatever is infecting your computer.

Do a Windows Defender full scan. If nothing is found, download Malwarebytes and run a scan.

That what I was afraid of, encrypted files. What country do you live in? You should contact law enforcement authorities, but that won't get your data back. Why don't you change the title of this thread to "Files encrypted, request for payment in Bitcoin demanded". That may get the attention of other Tom's members with more expertise in this area.