[SOLVED] all of my games if put at 1080p resolution lags, but when its reduced it gets a lot smoother

eki556

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
here are specs :
FX 8300
RX 470 4GB
12GB DDR3 1600MHZ
500GB HDD
500W PSU

every single of my game lags everytime i put the resolution at 1080p but when i put it on 1050p the game goes smooth again however in both cases the FPS is always above 60 but it feels like its at 30fps.

games tested :
PAYDAY 2
COD : WARZONE
DOTA 2

Solution
but shouldnt cpu performance impact the resolution? i thought that depends on the GPU
It is a bit of the other way around. It is the cpu that generates the Items that must be shown on the monitor.
There are more such items with higher resolutions so the cpu must be capable enough to generate them at a good rate.
Then, it becomes the responsibility of the graphics card to display them at the good rate..
Both resources should be somewhat balanced.
but shouldnt cpu performance impact the resolution? i thought that depends on the GPU
It is a bit of the other way around. It is the cpu that generates the Items that must be shown on the monitor.
There are more such items with higher resolutions so the cpu must be capable enough to generate them at a good rate.
Then, it becomes the responsibility of the graphics card to display them at the good rate..
Both resources should be somewhat balanced.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS