All of my games run smoothly only at 60 FPS!Under or over 60 FPS they look slow!Please help me!

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hi all,

my Lenovo Y700-15ISK's specs are:

i7-6700 HQ CPU
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5

All of the games I play (GTA V, ArmA 3, NBA 2K18) run smoothly only at 60 FPS!

If they run under 60 FPS (57 for an example) they look slow!

They run slow with Vsync turned ON and turned OFF if they run under 60 FPS,and run slow with Vsync turned OFF if they run over 60 FPS!

With one word they run smoothly only at 60 (61-62 at max) FPS!

I would please to help me!
Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

Solution
With V-sync off you will have tearing as the framebuffer and video frame aren't sending / receiving in sync. With V-sync ON you may have stutters since if the GPU isn't ready to send a frame every 16.67 ms (for a 60 Hz display) , the previous frame is held for another 16.67 ms. This results in an EFFECTIVE display rate of n/2 n/3 n/4 etc, where n = the Hz of your monitor, so 60/2 = appearance of a 30 FPS framerate for the fraction of a second until the card can send the correct frame to the display. If your card can't send at 30 FPS with sync enabled, the next ratio applies n/3 so 60/30 = and apparent frame rate of 20 FPS for fractions of a second.

The 960m is NOT equal to the 960, and the 960 has trouble with a CONSISTENT 60 fps at...
Assuming your laptop's native refresh rate is 60 fps: You can try setting a global frame rate limit of 60 fps with NVidia Profile Inspector. That way you don't spend resources drawing/calculating unused frames. This may help with frame pacing issues. Under 60 fps you will have tearing without syncing and with v-sync you will have the associated display refresh timing/refresh issue inherent in not driving a non-variable refresh rate display at it's native refresh rate. Adaptive sync will allow tearing under 60 fps but may help a little under 60 fps

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

With V-sync off you will have tearing as the framebuffer and video frame aren't sending / receiving in sync. With V-sync ON you may have stutters since if the GPU isn't ready to send a frame every 16.67 ms (for a 60 Hz display) , the previous frame is held for another 16.67 ms. This results in an EFFECTIVE display rate of n/2 n/3 n/4 etc, where n = the Hz of your monitor, so 60/2 = appearance of a 30 FPS framerate for the fraction of a second until the card can send the correct frame to the display. If your card can't send at 30 FPS with sync enabled, the next ratio applies n/3 so 60/30 = and apparent frame rate of 20 FPS for fractions of a second.

The 960m is NOT equal to the 960, and the 960 has trouble with a CONSISTENT 60 fps at 1920x1080, depending on settings, ARMA 3 is known for being very system intensive as well. You may have to turn down some in game settings to get a CONSISTENT frame rate of 60 FPS.

Please see the thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3448204/optimal-video-settings-gta-nvidia-gtx-960m-users-gpu.html

and please note at those settings specified, the user got between 50-60 FPS, so not completely consistent. You'll probably have to turn sdown settings lower than that if you desire perfect smoothness.

Solution