[SOLVED] All of sudden can not get to certain websites

Aug 3, 2021
I have a Cisco RV 345P Router and it is connected to Comcast router. All was working fine with no issue, I could go to any website with no issue. Then today I was not able to get to websites like "Microsoft.com, abc.com, cnbc.com" . I could get to others like cnn.com, google - and do searches, nbc.com. I tried on several workstations and all have the same issue "nothing was changed". I did also hook up one workstation directly to the Comcast router to see if it was the Cisco or not, and I had the same issues with the same websites.

Any ideas or thoughts on this? I though at first DNS issue internal but after the direct connect to Comcast router had the same issue I am not sure now.

Thanks

Solution
If the internet is just a series of tubes, then Comcast may have just temporarily reconnected them around a blockage and failed to update their DNS to reflect that. As you could get to Google then their mentioned DNS at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 should work. But by now it was probably a temporary issue that has resolved itself.

Hey, all sorts of things can happen, heck on July 22nd the actual sites themselves went down because Akamai ran a bad update.
If the internet is just a series of tubes, then Comcast may have just temporarily reconnected them around a blockage and failed to update their DNS to reflect that. As you could get to Google then their mentioned DNS at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 should work. But by now it was probably a temporary issue that has resolved itself.

Hey, all sorts of things can happen, heck on July 22nd the actual sites themselves went down because Akamai ran a bad update.

Solution
Aug 3, 2021
Thanks for the replies. I was able to get it working. I did a DNS flush and renew, A reboot of Comcast gear and the Cisco. I also unplug the cable from Comcast to the Cisco "both ends" for a few minutes to discharge. After all of this it was working fine again.