Question All origin games lag on my pc

Feb 1, 2020
Just built a new pc not the most powerful but it's all I could afford
I've noticed on all origin games the video lags horribly. Sometimes I can play for hours and the all a sudden lag. Stuttering.
Borderlands 3 and starcraft 2 work fine no lag. Then battlefield 5 extreme lag. As well as need for speed heat and most wanted. Can anyone help me figure this out

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard- MSI x570 gaming pro carbon wifi
GPU- Gigabyte radeon RX5500 XT 8G
RAM - 2x8GB Teamgroup Tforce dark DDR4 Gaming 3000Mhz I have this running in xmp mode 2
PSU- Corsair 550w psu 80+gold
Coolermaster masterliquid 240 to cool cpu
OS- Windows 10 home 64bit 1903
SSD/HDD - OS, Games, programs is installed on samsung 960 evo m.2 nvme
There is and additional 1tb HDD and 500gb HDD for storage.
Case- Cooler master MB500 case
2 exhaust fans one at top back of case and one ontop of case bother pulling air out.
1 intake fan in front of case and 2 other intake fans attached to radiator for liquid cooler.
Network- 1gbps internet connection ethernet connected
Drivers- all drivers are up to date I've uninstalled them and reinstalled many times.
BIOS- up to date
Graphics settings in game- I've played with all levels of settings for 1080p and 4k resolutions
Graphics settings through radeon software- I've ran every setting combination possible still nothing
Overclock- I've tried overclocking my cpu in bios using game boost as well as trying using the ryzen master overclock, I've also tried overclocking my GPU and my vram as well as my DDR4 RAM. I've since brought all settings back to default and uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and programs.
TEMPS- CPU 32°C at load Motherboard 27°C at load GPU 48°C while gaming
Usage%- CPU 3% idle 35%top in game RAM 40% In game GPU 42% at 1080P high settings and 90% at 4k high settings roughly depending on game.

I have avg free antivirus running in the background and have ran all games with and without it enabled.As well as other programs I have disabled during games. Only background programs running that i know of are origin launcher, amd radeon software, msi dragon centre and avg as stated above.

Lastly my monitor or I should say TV
I'm usinmg a 65' Samsung TV Model# UN65NU7300
I've noticed windows says my TV is 59HZ refresh rate but the manual says 120hz motion plus not sure if this makes a difference with anything.

A little info. I'm a complete noob lol and this is my first ever build. Starcraft 2 and borderlands 3 are he only 2 games I own the licence to. The other 3 (Battlefield 5 NFS HEAT NFS MOSTWANTED) are through origin premium subscription. Starcraft 2 is ran at 4k under extreme settings and borderlands 3 is at 4k under medium settings.

I hope I included enough information. Sorry if i stated anything incorrectly or missed on key points if anyone could give me a helping hand I'd appreciate it thanks guys

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Just built a new pc not the most powerful but it's all I could afford
I've noticed on all origin games the video lags horribly. Sometimes I can play for hours and the all a sudden lag. Stuttering.
Borderlands 3 and starcraft 2 work fine no lag. Then battlefield 5 extreme lag. As well as need for speed heat and most wanted. Can anyone help me figure this out

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard- MSI x570 gaming pro carbon wifi
GPU- Gigabyte radeon RX5500 XT 8G
RAM - 2x8GB Teamgroup Tforce dark DDR4 Gaming 3000Mhz I have this running in xmp mode 2
PSU- Corsair 550w psu 80+gold
Coolermaster masterliquid 240 to cool cpu
OS- Windows 10 home 64bit 1903
SSD/HDD - OS, Games, programs is installed on samsung 960 evo m.2 nvme
There is and additional 1tb HDD and 500gb HDD for storage.
Case- Cooler master MB500 case
2 exhaust fans one at top back of case and one ontop of case bother pulling air out.
1 intake fan in front of case and 2 other intake fans attached to radiator for liquid cooler.
Network- 1gbps internet connection ethernet connected
Drivers- all drivers are up to date I've uninstalled them and reinstalled many times.
BIOS- up to date
Graphics settings in game- I've played with all levels of settings for 1080p and 4k resolutions
Graphics settings through radeon software- I've ran every setting combination possible still nothing
Overclock- I've tried overclocking my cpu in bios using game boost as well as trying using the ryzen master overclock, I've also tried overclocking my GPU and my vram as well as my DDR4 RAM. I've since brought all settings back to default and uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and programs.
TEMPS- CPU 32°C at load Motherboard 27°C at load GPU 48°C while gaming
Usage%- CPU 3% idle 35%top in game RAM 40% In game GPU 42% at 1080P high settings and 90% at 4k high settings roughly depending on game.

I have avg free antivirus running in the background and have ran all games with and without it enabled.As well as other programs I have disabled during games. Only background programs running that i know of are origin launcher, amd radeon software, msi dragon centre and avg as stated above.

Lastly my monitor or I should say TV
I'm usinmg a 65' Samsung TV Model# UN65NU7300
I've noticed windows says my TV is 59HZ refresh rate but the manual says 120hz motion plus not sure if this makes a difference with anything.

A little info. I'm a complete noob lol and this is my first ever build. Starcraft 2 and borderlands 3 are he only 2 games I own the licence to. The other 3 (Battlefield 5 NFS HEAT NFS MOSTWANTED) are through origin premium subscription. Starcraft 2 is ran at 4k under extreme settings and borderlands 3 is at 4k under medium settings.

I hope I included enough information. Sorry if i stated anything incorrectly or missed on key points if anyone could give me a helping hand I'd appreciate it thanks guys

You don't have the latest version of Windows 10 installed. The latest is version 1909. This may not be the issue, but we can start there.

Reactions: Chriseast519
Feb 1, 2020
No I originally tried that in the beginning microsoft wouldn't let me switch over something about an oem product key only works with the original motherboard it came with. I know theres probably loopholes around this but my old motherboard was fried and I didnt wanna bother .. I just purchased a new windows 10 home product key for the build... I have a feeling this all has something to do with my refresh rate on my TV... my tv has a free sync option somewhere in settings I'm gunna play with it when I get off work.. what do u think would this be a good culprit for the tearing and microstutering I notice. I wish I had a pc monitor to see if it did the same on that but I dont so I'm fingers crossed hoping the freesync options will suffice

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
No I originally tried that in the beginning microsoft wouldn't let me switch over something about an oem product key only works with the original motherboard it came with. I know theres probably loopholes around this but my old motherboard was fried and I didnt wanna bother .. I just purchased a new windows 10 home product key for the build... I have a feeling this all has something to do with my refresh rate on my TV... my tv has a free sync option somewhere in settings I'm gunna play with it when I get off work.. what do u think would this be a good culprit for the tearing and microstutering I notice. I wish I had a pc monitor to see if it did the same on that but I dont so I'm fingers crossed hoping the freesync options will suffice

Lots of things can cause the stuttering, but the screen tearing is usually solved with features like v-sync and free sync. If your TV doesn't support free sync, you can try enabling 'enhanced sync' in AMD's radeon software which is compatible with any tv or monitor. You have to set 'anti-aliasing' to 'enhance application settings' in the radeon software and turn on 'v-sync' in the game itself for it to work. Its served me well so far.

Feb 1, 2020
So after countless hours of troubleshooting I've figured out my problem which ironically wasnt anything I thought.
I have an xbox one controller connected through bt to my pc for gaming. Yesturday I played with settings and activated free sync on my tv . Problem seemed to stop. Until it started again.. game lag which looked like micro stuttering cause by the refresh on the display. Then it stopped and game looked fine but I had no control my controller light was just blinking. Turned controller off and tried to turn it back on it wouldn't. Then I realized hey it lags when the controller battery is low. To test my theory I installed new batteries in my controller and left the battery lid off. Started the controller and started playing the game.. everything was fine played for about 10 min then while I was playing I reached behind the controller and removed a battery mimicking a battery dying. And voila instant game lag when the controller disconnected !! Turns out the controller disconnecting causes the games to lag.. makes sense because I tend to start an origin game after playing on the same controller batteries for a while then after a few min lag.. since I've changed batteries to lag whatsoever . I will continue to update. Thank u so much for ur help