All PC Games randomly crashing on new build.

colexinan

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
I built the PC around Christmas, and so far every single game I've played(~15 different titles) are randomly crashing, except for league of legends.

Specifications are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080
RAM: G.Skill DDR4 Flare-X 4x8GB 3200MHz
Mobo: ASRock X399 Taichi
144hz Monitor

The PC is mainly used as a workstation, but on the off-time I'm playing games. All of the games just randomly close after 1-4h or minutes. The most common error that I get 99% of the times is "0xc0000005" from the event-viewer, which doesn't really help.

What I've tried so far:
Reinstalling/Repairing - Visual C++ Redistribute
Repairing/checking windows for corrupted files
GPU Drivers updating and downgrading.
I've checked temps during gameplay as well and they're fine.
BIOS is on the latest version.

I'm out of ideas, so any suggestions are appreciated.

UPDATE: I thought that the ram might be faulty so I ran memtest86 for ~30 hours and there were no errors.

I'm still looking for any suggestions. If nothing helps I'm planning to reinstall windows as a last resort.

richpixel

Prominent
Jan 3, 2019
Application Error 0xc0000005 (Access Violation) error is usually caused by your computer not being able to correctly process the files and settings required to run a particular program or installation. Despite the error showing when you try and use particular pieces of software, it has many different causes including faulty RAM problems, errors with the files of your PC and issues with the settings of your PC.
In this case, we suggest that you check for corrupted Windows system files. System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Windows that scans for corrupted Windows system files. If it finds a problem, it will try to replace the problematic system files from a cached version that’s on your PC.

To run System File Checker (SFC), follow these steps:

In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator > Yes.
At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /). Scanning will take a few minutes.
If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

colexinan

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
I've done the sfc scans, and they were unable to find anything. Regardless of that, I still reinstalled windows yesterday.

My PSU is EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3 1000W.

I'll report later once I've tested gaming, since after reinstalling windows, I don't have any games available.