Question All PC peripherals randomly freezing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DINAKERI

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
So I've had this problem for about the last 2 weeks now, basically randomly my mouse, headset, keyboard, and monitor all freeze. They don't exactly turn off though because the lighting for all of them are still on, and on top of that the computer including the fans are running just the same. Whenever it happens my headset will make a loud cracking sound and the monitor will be stuck displaying whatever it was displaying. I've tried unplugging them and all that but I can only get everything to work by shutting down the computer and turning it back on. My headset also has Bluetooth and I've been able to connect it to my phone just fine, and keep it connected and use it even while this problem occurs. It might not do it for an hour but after it starts freezing it does it over and over every 10-15 minutes.

Been looking all around and found some people with similar issues but no real solutions. I have a new motherboard, CPU, and had ordered a new cooler before this issue which I just put in. I also have everything already directly plugged into the MOBO not sure if that matters though. Also my mouse is brand new and my headset is generally new. Within the last few weeks I've had to reinstall windows and my drivers to fix a windows error and had a <Mod Edit> ton of problems with that, but got it resolved so I don't think its a windows issue. Though I just have no idea.

All help is appreciated and I'll go ahead and include peripheral with my specs if that helps at all.

Mouse: Sabre RGB PRO Wireless
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent
Headset: Corsair Virtuoso XT
Specs:
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z690 Edge WiFi DDR4
CPU: Intel i7-12700KF
GPU: GTX 1660 ti
RAM: 2 x Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3200mhz
PSU: Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 750W bronze
Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer ll 240
Storage: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVME M.2
Case: HZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

What error codes, warnings, or even informational events are being captured just before or at the times the system freezes?

How old is that Thermaltake PSU? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

DINAKERI

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

What error codes, warnings, or even informational events are being captured just before or at the times the system freezes?

How old is that Thermaltake PSU? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

So I checked the Reliability monitor and all its really picking up are windows critical events in which its just telling me "Windows was not properly shut down". Looking at technical details it just says "The previous system shutdown at X:XX:XX AM/PM on XX/XX/20XX was unexpected".

The PSU being one of the original parts just turned 3 years old, but I've had so many problems with this computer over the last 3 years I've only really been gaming on it off and on for about a year and a half. I'd say only 8 months out of that I was like "heavy gaming"? So like 20 hours a week or something. I haven't done any video editing or bit mining.

Thank you for the reply btw.

Ralston18

Titan
"Windows not properly shutdown...."

Sometimes as the end user you are forced to manually turn off power to the system simply having no other available choice.

However when the improper shutdowns happen just "on their own" then there could be any number of reasons. Or multiple reasons.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, pinched or kinked wires, browned or blackened components, missing or loose screws, cracks, chips..... Anything at all.

Hopefully something may have just worked loose over time. That happens due to heat related expansion and contraction. Vibrations can do much the same.

Try the above to start with. If you are not comfortable doing so then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.

= = = =

Improper shutdowns also can and do corrupt files. If necessary, the next step will be to use "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to repair corrupted files.

DINAKERI

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
"Windows not properly shutdown...."

Sometimes as the end user you are forced to manually turn off power to the system simply having no other available choice.

However when the improper shutdowns happen just "on their own" then there could be any number of reasons. Or multiple reasons.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, pinched or kinked wires, browned or blackened components, missing or loose screws, cracks, chips..... Anything at all.

Hopefully something may have just worked loose over time. That happens due to heat related expansion and contraction. Vibrations can do much the same.

Try the above to start with. If you are not comfortable doing so then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.

= = = =

Improper shutdowns also can and do corrupt files. If necessary, the next step will be to use "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to repair corrupted files.
Ok so my PC was already very clean but I went ahead and made sure there was no dust, I unplugged everything and re plugged it back in. There is no damage anywhere.

I tried the "sfc scannow" in an administrator tab of command prompt and it went through, but it just said "Windows Resource Protetion did not find any integrity violations"

I also typed in "dism", but I wasn't sure what to do because it just brought up the repair options.

Status
Not open for further replies.