Question All peripherals apart from Pc itself suddenly lose power and cut out

Nov 5, 2021
I’m having a random issue with my pc after owning it for about a year.
Being an IT tech I should have solved this by now but i need help.

For a couple of weeks now when playing certain games all of my peripherals will loose power suddenly, such as my monitors/keyboard/mouse. Basically anything other than the pc itself which stays on.

The only way to turn it back on is by turning off the switch at the back on the power supply the case button is unresponsive.

I have tried the following things:

Uninstalling drivers on video card

Previous versions of video card drivers

Different cables to displays

Reseating components

Fresh version of windows.

I have had no luck so far and would appreciate it if you could take a look into this for me.

The first thing that comes to my mind reading this is you have a power supply issue. However, I cannot tell if the issue are related to motherboard or the PSU.

One particular issue I'm thinking about is simply a bad connection point. Maybe the main power cable have a bad connector - i.e. the 24 pin connector are bad, or possible one of the solder points of the power input socket on the motherboard.

Reactions: Ollieboyzzz
Nov 5, 2021
Update: I ordered a new motherboard but thought first I will try and reset all components, completely stripping all cables/cpu/gpu/ram and power supply and making sure all was plugged in fixed issue