all programs open with ezphoto tool

I added a web cam to my pc. The software had a program
call ezphoto tools. Now when I double click any folder
it opens this ezphoto tools file. I tried doing an
uninstall and the program will be deleted, but when I
double click I get an error box stating the program is
missing. I can right click and scroll to open and that
works but it is frustrating. How can I remove this to
prevent it from trying to open all folders??? Please
HELP!!!!
Thanks

Ouch! There is a possible fix at this site:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm. You can also try resetting it
using the Windows file associations. [Tools | Folder Options in any Windows
Explorer window]

"adams353" wrote:

> I added a web cam to my pc. The software had a program
> call ezphoto tools. Now when I double click any folder
> it opens this ezphoto tools file. I tried doing an
> uninstall and the program will be deleted, but when I
> double click I get an error box stating the program is
> missing. I can right click and scroll to open and that
> works but it is frustrating. How can I remove this to
> prevent it from trying to open all folders??? Please
> HELP!!!!
> Thanks

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/slowrightclick.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

"adams353" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:539a01c480a0$baf07520$a401280a@phx.gbl...
I added a web cam to my pc. The software had a program
call ezphoto tools. Now when I double click any folder
it opens this ezphoto tools file. I tried doing an
uninstall and the program will be deleted, but when I
double click I get an error box stating the program is
missing. I can right click and scroll to open and that
works but it is frustrating. How can I remove this to
prevent it from trying to open all folders??? Please
HELP!!!!
Thanks

Kathea,

I don't understand what to "turn off" in tools/folder options, and the
link posted leads to a 404. I have those darned EZP buttons all across
any Word 2003 (Student & Teacher Edition) toolbar. I use Win 2003 XP
Professional. Thanks.

Dan Tanner

--
dantanner

This works: Search for a file named EZphoto.dot in your Word Startup
direct
ory (my Startup directory is C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office11\Star
tup, but yours could be different). Move or delete this file and any
other
EZsomething files you find
in the Startup directory.

--