Question all ram not usable.

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
hey everyone so today ive upgraded from an a6-7400k to a ryzen 5 2400g and this has been my biggest upgrade to my pc yet. with this upgrade i went ahead and bought ddr4 8gb dual channel 3000mhz ram
when i open task manager it shows me i got 8.0gb of ram and it recognizes that ive used 2 of 4 slots running at the desired 3000mhz. however at the top right under 8.0gb it shows me that theres only 6.9gb and at the bottom it says that ive only got 3.8gb available.
basically it claims ive got an entire GB missing even though on the bios it shows 8118mb i think, something similar to that number so i know that its all good and not faulty.
any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 14196

You have integrated graphics and it’s probably using some of that for the iGPU. Also it would be helpful for you to post a screenshot of what you were talking about

D

Deleted member 14196

so in your bios you will have to change whether the gpu gets to eat memory. That's what it looks like. even at work, I have 16GB total, and under it it says 15.9, for system reserved stuff. you may not be able to make it any better depending on your hardware, just add more ram if you can.