All Sesssions see all other session's printers

I have a client who is connecting to a terminal-server
from two remote locations. The problem is that the
terminal services server shows all the printers that are
availabe to all the workstations connected as available to
each session connected. I have set them up not to search
for printers.

How do I get a terminal server session to only see the
printers that are visible to the local computer which is
making the TS access?
..

If you use administrators account to connect, you'll see all printers from
other sessions.

"Alan Culshaw" <alan@culshaw.net> wrote in message
> I have a client who is connecting to a terminal-server
> from two remote locations. The problem is that the
> terminal services server shows all the printers that are
> availabe to all the workstations connected as available to
> each session connected. I have set them up not to search
> for printers.
>
> How do I get a terminal server session to only see the
> printers that are visible to the local computer which is
> making the TS access?
> .

I havent used the administrator account
"Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you use administrators account to connect, you'll see all printers from
> other sessions.

> "Alan Culshaw" <alan@culshaw.net> wrote in message
> > I have a client who is connecting to a terminal-server
> > from two remote locations. The problem is that the
> > terminal services server shows all the printers that are
> > availabe to all the workstations connected as available to
> > each session connected. I have set them up not to search
> > for printers.
> >
> > How do I get a terminal server session to only see the
> > printers that are visible to the local computer which is
> > making the TS access?
> > .

Not to push the point too far but I would test this. Logon as a normal
user and try to create a new user in AD. If this works, well your users
are all domain admins. If this doesn't work and your TS system is a member
server, see if you can start the process of renaming the system. Basically
just do a few checks to see if they are admins. I have seen that in the
past they are, at some point everyone or some large group was added to an
admin group and all users in the environment have been running around as
admins, and this is the only symptom of it unless they start causing
damage.

Wouldn't it be more straightforward to check their Group membership
in AD Users and Computers???

Imagine a situation where someone has been granted delegated control
of a specific, single OU. That user will be able to create user
accounts in that OU, without being Administrator.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

gregoryl@online.microsoft.com ("Greg Lirette [MS]") wrote in

> Not to push the point too far but I would test this. Logon as a
> normal user and try to create a new user in AD. If this works,
> well your users are all domain admins. If this doesn't work and
> your TS system is a member server, see if you can start the
> process of renaming the system. Basically just do a few checks
> to see if they are admins. I have seen that in the past they
> are, at some point everyone or some large group was added to an
> admin group and all users in the environment have been running
> around as admins, and this is the only symptom of it unless they
> start causing damage.
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.

It would be, but I give the test because it adds to the shock value and
personally use it and found it to be effective :)

LOL!
Yes, I can see how it adds to the shock value when you try to change
the server name, and it turns out that you indeed have Administrative
rights :)