Question All software running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi86

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2015
Hi guys, just bought Samsung 970 PRO 512gb NVMe M.2. Before that I had corsair MP500 480 gb and everything was ruining smooth. Got asus maximus viii hero, seasonic 1200w prime platinum, 2080ti, i7 6700k and 32gb ram. When I bought new ssd I just installed system and other softwares like I did on previous corsair ssd but now the pc is runing really slow for example photoshop takes 1 min to start and before was like 5,6 seconds. I checked SSD benchmark and the speed are going 2900-3100, so the ssd speed is good. Not sure what can be the problem now. Thanks in advanced.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
What is the OS? Which Windows?

Are the chipset and controller drivers up to date?

Check if the SSD sectors are properly aligned with AOMEI Partiion Assistant or MiniTool Partition Wizard (freeware). If it's not properly aligned and you need to realign them, before doing it disable BitLocker (if you're using that) and enable it later.

Check the pagefile size and set it to the value 'recommended' by the Windows if it's already not.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Kiwi86

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2015
Windows 10, already checked ssd sectors and all is good, also showing max speed, gpu drivers are installed from official site. Also in games that had 180fps+ now I got 15-50 :D Also one stupid question, is that ssd compatabile with my motherboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14196

So you have an illegal copy of windows and this is not surprising. Get your windows from Microsoft site do a clean reinstall

D

Deleted member 14196

Yeah. Get the official latest copy of windows from Microsoft website use the Microsoft media creation tool to create a bootable USB

USAFRet

Titan
(pirated Windows 10), already checked ssd sectors and all is good, also showing max speed, gpu drivers are installed from official site. Also in games that had 180fps+ now I got 15-50 :D Also one stupid question, is that ssd compatabile with my motherboard?
You're joking, right?
$2,000 in hardware, and can't spend $100 for a valid OS?

Tom's Hardware does not support or condone pirated software.
Obtain and install (full wipe and install) a valid OS.

Come back if you still have this "problem"

Closing this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.