All sorts of red lights on my mobo

King_of_Circleville

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Mobo is an ASUS P8Z77-V

I’m putting this in the mobo section because there are multiple red lights. First off, my computer wouldn’t boot. It would turn on, but nothing on the screen. Nothing. No signal detected.

I opened the case and saw a red light...under it it says “vga_led” so I thought there must be an issue with my graphics card. Removed the card. Same problem. Removed secondary HD. Same problem. Removed front panel USB cable, and it booted. Then it didn’t boot. Put the cable back...booted, then didn’t. Put the HD back...again sporaddic booting. Point is at I’m starting to think it’s has nothing to do with anything I removed, it just boots sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t.

Then sometimes a red light turns on next to my memory. Then sometimes a red light turns on next to my SATA ports...seems like this damn thing is just flashing all the red lights at everything.

Took my PSU into a comp shop because I thought maybe that was the problem. The guy there said not only was it fine it was great.

Doing a memtest now to check on my ram...other than that...have no clue what is doing this...starting to suspect the MOBO itself, but I’ll need to be sure before I go buying a new one. Seriously confusing issue. Was using my computer as usual yesterday...typical gaming and browsing then this shit happens out of the blue.