Question All the Brand New Hard Drives, Solid states AND SSHD are incredibly slow

Aug 12, 2020
I have purchased now 3 diffrent drives in the attempt to speed of some of my games and expand my storage, i had purchased this computer prebuilt with a SSD 250mb in it for the system preinstalled, a 1 TB HDD that both run incredibly well, the internal SSD runs at ~300-400 mbps which is plenty fast, but doesnt have very good space, so i ended up buying an external SSD TB with an enclosure with a 3.0 USB connector and connected it in the proper USB 3.0 ports (and several others after some tinkering) and got less than 35 mbps on read and write speeds seperatly, i Checked the Trim settings, i checked the boot settings, i checked all the ports, i ran scans on the ports, i have Run CrystalDisk and other programs for the last months, Gave up, figured it was the Drive, Got a new one, a SSDH FireCuda 1TB Drive, plugged it in, formated, was reading to go, figured it would be good, got 35 MBPS read and write speeds..... went through all my settings again, did everything. moved the ports, ran crystal disk... nothing. Im at my wits ends, the internal runs fine, anything else? nope. i need some serious help this is the 3rd drive (as i had tested a HDD out of curiosity and got similiar results) my settings are fine, my drives are healthy, my speeds are straight garbage. stats at https://ibb.co/18QrjZY

USB connected drives of any kind are going to be slower than one with internal connections.
You will do better if you simply replace your 250gb ssd with one of larger capacity.
What are the specs of your existing ssd drive?
Is it sata or pcie?
Is it 2.5" or is it m.2?

Aug 12, 2020
Sorry for the delay: System specs are Intel core i7 - 3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 16 GB of ram 64 bit, win 10, I have recently hooked the SSD directly into the Sata port on the Motherboard and ran a test again boosted the speeds to 120 Mbps, the SSHD im currently using the Firecuda 1TB drive is a 2.5", the 120 mbps is still horrid as the internal HDD is running at 230 mbps and the original 250mb SSD is running at 550 mbps, I would love to exchange the 2 drives but as my original SSD is holding the operating system info it would be a massive pain to migrate it all over to the new drive on the off chance it might work, but now all Drives are connected to the SATA ports and Power supply of the motherboard, im not sure what else might be the issue

Aug 12, 2020
Update: just moved my OS to the new SSHD, mistakes were made this day, i switch the Sata ports so that it is on the primary SATA0 which held the other SSD, and the system boot time went from 30 seconds to nearly 5 minutes and everything is slower, checked the speeds and to no surprise only getting 120 mbps.... and the other also SSD slowed down (likely due to now being on SATA 2) im starting to think ive gotten 3 defective SSDs from 3 seperate companies in a row? what are the odds of that tho.

TRENDING THREADS