Question All the components work out of the case but won’t work inside !?

Daniel_1198

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
Hello,

I’ve been struggling to find out what’s the problem with my pc. All the parts work when they’re not in the case and everytime when I’ve connected and placed everything inside the case the computer won’t turn on. On the motherboard I can only see the led light lit green. I’m sure I’ve plugged everything correctly.

Gfost73

Upstanding
Mar 23, 2019
is it mounted properly.? like all the standoffs and no extra standoffs.? maybe something is touching the case shorting something out? if it works fine when out of the case.. id make sure all your standoffs are proper and nothing is touching anything metal

Gfost73

Upstanding
Mar 23, 2019
I was gonna say that too lol.. it very well could just be a crap switch (assuming they power on by jumping switch).. clearly there is a short somewhere, or a switch issue.. if everything works outside the case, there is no reason besides a short (aka standoff in wrong places) or a bad switch.. (or so id have to believe )

greigm78

Prominent
Sep 28, 2018
Case power button
Two things to check, make sure the PWRSW two pin header connection is on a) properly and b) on the right pins. Secondly, remove the connector and short the PWRSW pins on the JFP1 header to see if it starts up as it would outside of the case.

If it does the case switch could be faulty.

Gfost73

Upstanding
Mar 23, 2019
if you power the board with case power button OUTSIDE the case and it boots then Check the case for extra standoffs .. I would say 1 isn't lined up and shorting something.. seeing as everything works Outside the case and you use the case power button to boot board.. so make sure there is NO extra standoffs.. they ALL are in line with corresponding holes on motherboard..

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS