All updated and still...!

mfmoustafa

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Good day everyone..
I have a windows 10 pro updated past week to the creators update an everything is updated and update assistant and center in the settings says it’s up to date
So I open my task manager and I found service host delivery optimization is taking all the internet speed downloading and I rechecked the update center and it still says up to date ....
Any thoughts?

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
The service is designed for updating within a domain and thus your PC does not need to run the service. Disable it altogether:

Windows Update "Advanced" settings, "Choose how updates are delivered", turn off. Then the machine will update from Windows Update directly.

There are checklists around to disable many windows 10 privacy settings and other options.
Here is one to start with.
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/windows-10-settings-to-change

One good thing about PRO is that it gives you some options on how updates are managed.
I would set it up so that I do not do feature updates until a time of my choosing.
Also disable driver updates and do that yourself, primarily for graphics drivers.

mfmoustafa

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Ok I’ve seen all the tips but none of them talks about windows update except deleting the old windows version ( which I did )
And all the drivers are updated and gpu too
And still downloading !

Sorry to bother you again

TRENDING THREADS