crimsxn

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
Hi, recently my computer has been having an issue where all the USB devices randomly disconnect. It's very annoying as I'm playing competitive games and this usually gets me killed. My keyboard, mouse, headset, bluetooth adapter, wifi adapter will all disconnect and reconnect within a few seconds. Usually, I have to manually disconnect and reconnect the mouse to be able to move it again but the lighting turns back on when it reconnects automatically. Nothing strange happens on the display port monitor. Only real changes to my PC recently have been a few windows updates and when opened it up and cleaned some dust off case fans (which involved me disconnecting and reconnecting them). Sometimes I can go a few hours with no trouble, but sometimes it happens several times in an hour. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Thanks.

Edit:
Here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
EVGA GTX 960 2gb FTW
16 gb crucial ballistics memory
250 gb Samsung 860 Evo SSD
EVGA 450BT Power Supply
ASRock AB450 Pro4 motherboard
Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362

all components are about 2 years old with the exception of the GPU which is 5 years old at this point. Everything seems to be in pretty good condition with no obvious issues.

Nothing seems out of place inside. Any advice is appreciated. thanks.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Power off, unplug, reopen the case. Doublecheck all that all connections and cards are fully and firmly in place.

Something may have been bumped loose during the cleaning. Not enough to be fully disconnected but will disconnect as the components heat up and expand.