[SOLVED] All USB Ports stopped working

May 29, 2020
As of yesterday, all of my USB ports suddenly stopped working. My 3.0 ports still provide power to my mouse, but the computer will not recognize it. My 2.0 ports don’t work at all. Is this an issue with the motherboard, and if so do I need to replace it or is there a better action?
Thank you

Solution
My motherboard is an Asrock 960GM U3S3 FX. At this point, I’m already in the process of obtaining a better motherboard, but I still would like to figure this out, whether it was in fact an issue with the board or some ignorance on my part.
Your motherboard has 2 different USB controllers. All USB 2.0 ports are controlled by the AMD chipset (SB710 Southbridge) and all USB 3.1 ports are controlled by an Etron EJ168A add-on chip. I would think the problem is likely with the Etron add-on chip, but all your USB 2.0 ports should still work since they have a separate controller.
My motherboard is an Asrock 960GM U3S3 FX. At this point, I’m already in the process of obtaining a better motherboard, but I still would like to figure this out, whether it was in fact an issue with the board or some ignorance on my part.
Your motherboard has 2 different USB controllers. All USB 2.0 ports are controlled by the AMD chipset (SB710 Southbridge) and all USB 3.1 ports are controlled by an Etron EJ168A add-on chip. I would think the problem is likely with the Etron add-on chip, but all your USB 2.0 ports should still work since they have a separate controller.

Solution
May 29, 2020
Yeah I thought as much. As I said, all of the 2.0 ports don’t work at all, while my 3.0 ports seem to be still receiving power, is it possible that I may have done something to short it?