Question All USBs suddenly turn off

Apr 8, 2020
I’ve just gotten a new NVME SSD and reinstalled windows when I installed it because it’d been a while, and while installing everything my USBs started randomly disconnecting every minute or so (all would automatically reconnect except my WiFi antenna USB, which worked after un- and re- plugging). Normally only my WiFi stick, a Netgear WNDA3100v2, would do that prior to the reinstallation, and I thought it might’ve been multiple drivers battling it out but apparently not.

After a few times of all the USBs turning on and off, they’d all turn off and stay off until I powered down via the switch on my PSU as simply using the power button would turn off the system, but wouldn’t effect the USBs.

What can be done for this?

Thanks

Apr 8, 2020
control panel/power options/edit plan settings/advanced power settings/usb settings/usb selective suspend settings

set to disable.
Thanks for the help, it’s better now. Just had to turn off the setting, and then I found my WiFi stick has been known to cause that problem with windows 10 so I’ve replaced that as well and now I’m perfect.

TRENDING THREADS