[SOLVED] All Windows 10 Updates in one package

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeson76

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
I have a Surface 3 Pro device. It doesnt want to shut down....keeps restarting. I found out about the problem when it kept running the battery down when it was suppose to be shut off. Come to find out when I was thinking it would shut down, it would restart after about 30 seconds without me knowing. I believe it doesnt do this when it has a completely new install which takes me back to I believe 2016 or 2017 Windows 10, so I believe it is getting a bad install from something. I was wondering if there is a Update package that takes in all updates and reinstalls them after I do a complete update from Windows Update. Just wanting to see if a file may of got corrupted and then repaired if I would do that. Thanks for the help guys:):)

Solution
You don't need to download them all.

Win 10 updates are cumulative meaning that the latest includes all previous updates. So to update win 10 after a clean install, provided you use a new installer, you only need 5 updates max. Those 5 include .net updates and others that don't go into CU. But most updates are in the CU now or are updated via windows store.

beeson76

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
No. I know about the media creation tool. Im looking for more of a all the updates in one package kinda thing. I thought I found it about 2 months ago. My desktop was having severe problems with Windows Updates. It would take like 18 hours to check for updates so I did some looking around and found a "spot" on the internet that had it. I believe it was a huge huge file of maybe 90 to 120gb. Because it was so large I deleted it after I used it to save storage. But it seemed to help my desktop so I was going to give it a go on my Surface Tablet and see if that would correct this weird glitch going on.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Im scratching my head. I think if you can backup your Surface Pro, I don't have one so I don't know how it works or if it puts your stuff on One Drive. As for a 90GB to 120GB update that is false no such thing. yes Windows 10 takes up space but not that much especially for updates on a Surface Pro. I would listen to taeioum and do the media creation tool and it will put in Windows 2004 fresh then you can restore your stuff if Microsoft put it on One Drive. So first we need to make sure you have a backup before we wipe out your Surface Pro. Were talking maybe about 30GB of space not 90GB. I think the poor device is tangled up as you said. You get updates as they are available there is no such thing as getting all updates at once as the only thing close to that is a new revision once every 6 months as Microsoft releases a big update. In this case were at version 2004 and I think if you can put that in clean install you should be good to go. If you still have problems then I would consider RMAing the device. Very shady behavior but well sort this out in no time my friend.👶🎗✝

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
honestly using the media creation tool would be the easiest. select "upgrade this pc" and it will install the newest version available. much smaller download and would be much faster than such a large unproven package.

like always you can select for it to save your files and settings so you don't even lose those. it's basically the same as windows update without the problems update has finishing and other such problems.

I have a Surface 3 Pro device. It doesnt want to shut down....keeps restarting. I found out about the problem when it kept running the battery down when it was suppose to be shut off. Come to find out when I was thinking it would shut down, it would restart after about 30 seconds without me knowing. I believe it doesnt do this when it has a completely new install which takes me back to I believe 2016 or 2017 Windows 10, so I believe it is getting a bad install from something. I was wondering if there is a Update package that takes in all updates and reinstalls them after I do a complete update from Windows Update. Just wanting to see if a file may of got corrupted and then repaired if I would do that. Thanks for the help guys:):)
And have you downloaded and installed ALL drivers for your surface from HERE?
Your issue sounds like not.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You don't need to download them all.

Win 10 updates are cumulative meaning that the latest includes all previous updates. So to update win 10 after a clean install, provided you use a new installer, you only need 5 updates max. Those 5 include .net updates and others that don't go into CU. But most updates are in the CU now or are updated via windows store.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.