All windows aero features are not working correctly

Maxcodes

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
So when i booted up my computer one day i realized that the Welcome circle didn't spin (Same for the Shutting down one.) But i didnt take much notice until i tried dragging a window to maximize it, and i couldnt do that, which is wierd. I checked and aero was running and i saw the transparency and such but some of the feautures like maximizing a window and the smooth transition between windows thumbnails in the taskbar wasnt showing so i searched on the net and i didnt find anything. Then i started thinking back. This happened after i had installed OrbWebMe, basically a program which let you control your pc remotely so i uninstalled that. Restarted my PC and the problem wasnt fixed, So now im wondering if any of you have experinced this before?

Solution

jbrown156

Reputable
May 7, 2014

ok .. open up command prompt as administrator and type in this NET STOP UXSMS
after the service has stopped type this in command prompt and you should be back to normal NET START UXSMS do that and tell me what happens .. if that doesnt change the problem try START >> SYSTEM PROPERTIES >>Performance and information tools >> Adjust Visual Effects and then click on adjust for best appearance then click ok ..

Solution