News Alleged Benchmark Results of AMD's Ryzen 7 5700G 'Cezanne' Uncovered

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012
Userbench is not a credible benchmark site.

It is when it is Intel!

Note also how the language is different when Intel gets a benchmark... the headline is Intel is king...

When its AMD it is like, Allegedly......!

Toms Hardware contributors are full of Intel <<Removed by moderator>>

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
It is when it is Intel!

Note also how the language is different when Intel gets a benchmark... the headline is Intel is king...

When its AMD it is like, Allegedly......!

Toms Hardware contributors are full of Intel <<Removed by moderator>>

I have been on Toms for longer than gen Z types have been alive. Toms is generally pretty good about being fair to all manufacturers. I have seen them call out Intel, to which the rabid fanboys cry about them being an AMD leaning site and conversely when AMD is called out their fanboys make the same complaints though it is Intel that gets preferred treatment.

I honestly don't think you are being fair to their reporting. Yes some reviewers might tend to lean one direction while another leans the opposite but taken as a whole things generally balance out. But you are welcome to your opinion even if I personally find it an unrealistic characterization of Tomshardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Memnarchon

LB23

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
I have been on Toms for longer than millennials have been alive. Toms is generally pretty good about being fair to all manufacturers. I have seen them call out Intel, to which the rabid fanboys cry about them being an AMD leaning site and conversely when AMD is called out their fanboys make the same complaints though it is Intel that gets preferred treatment.

I honestly don't think you are being fair to their reporting. Yes some reviewers might tend to lean one direction or while another leans the opposite but taken as a whole things generally balance out. But you are welcome to your opinion even if I personally find it an unrealistic characterization of Tomshardware.
Remember "Just buy it"? Pepperidge farms remembers

Reactions: atomicWAR

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Reactions: Memnarchon

spunxhoe

Reputable
Apr 30, 2018
I was looking forward to buying one of these until I heard that they are only PCI 3.0. If that's the case, fugetaboudit.
I am just wondering what applications you have in mind that can currently saturate a PCIE 3.0 link? A GPU? A NVME?

arnoldcp

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I was thinking this was me but I posted my score to cpubenchmark.net It scored a solid 22,341 on single channel RAM. The system I ran the benchmark on was an HP Pavilion TP01-2066

Edit: I bought this system yesterday at OfficeDepot I plan to do a build using non-proprietary components.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Seeing how Millennials were born between 1980-1996 I doubt you were grandpa. Also, what you have been calling Millennials for the last 10 years are Gen Z.

<face palm> Sorry my bad, I meant the post 2000 munchkins. Love the dig though....grandpa lol. Mid move here to I am more than a bit distracted! But I did correct it thanks for the humorous call out. Yeah i think I first started reading on Toms in 98? I may be off by a year but I beleive it was Toms Hardware Guide back then. Regardless the site has come a long way since the late 90s and I do honestly feel they try to be as neutral as possible. No outlet does a perfect job but they are truly my preferred daily tech news source because I feel they are fair and the forums have some of the nicest/knowledgeable posters I have seen in the tech community.

Last edited:
Remember how the "Just Buy It" article was part 2 of point/counterpoint series where the first article posted 2 days earlier said not to buy RTX cards yet?
It's still a terrible way to write articles, as not everyone who sees one will necessarily see the other. And while telling people not to preorder an un-reviewed piece of hardware a month before launch is perfectly sound advice that should probably be followed for all releases, telling people to blindly buy a product based solely on questionable marketing claims is not. Calling those who suggest making informed purchasing decisions "price-panicked pundits" is also not a particularly good way to start an article at a review site.

And while it may or may not have been the case, the article came across as something that had been thrown together by the site's editor in chief after getting contacted by Nvidia as a result of the prior article, rather than something purposefully intended as a two-part series. If it had been planned that way, they would have been much better off just putting both sides together in the same article rather than making one part sound completely nonsensical.

And really, both headlines are implying that you should buy the hardware. One just says not to buy it "yet", before reviews are out. The other implies you should buy it right away because the cards are "worth the money", despite the writer not having actually tested them, something many of those just seeing the headline might not realize. It ultimately felt like the second article was an attempt to create unnecessary hype for a product that arguably failed to deliver at launch. One article was quite reasonable, the other was not, and that's why people don't bother mentioning the other one.

Future proofing. I plan to have the system for a couple of years.
Considering PCIe 2.0 x16 still doesn't cause a significant performance drop and PCIe 3.0 x16 has almost no performance drop on a 3080, I think it's safe to say that PCIe 3.0 is still viable for at least another 5 years and even then it'll probably only affect top-end GPUs

Sep 12, 2021
I was thinking this was me but I posted my score to cpubenchmark.net It scored a solid 22,341 on single channel RAM. The system I ran the benchmark on was an HP Pavilion TP01-2066

You didn't happen to test/benchmark the SSD (e.g. w/ CrystalDiskMark) in the HP Pavilion TP01-2066, did you?
I tested the SSD installed in the M.2 slot in my TP01-2066, and the SEQ1M Q8T1 values (sequential read) I see w/ the M.2 slot is 1787 MB/s and I am very curious whether anyone is getting better than that...

Last edited: