News Alleged Core i5-13600K Elbows Past Ryzen 9 5950X in New Benchmarks

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
Intel Engineering Marketing bro: {logs into China VPN}, Publishes some CPU-Z screenies

Tech Journos: { OMFglOLZCOpters}, "Chinese netizen.."

Intel Engineering Marketing bro: {All in a days work}, "They called me a netizen, right on!"

:whistle:

s1mon7

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
There are worrying rumors that the Zen 4 Ryzen 5 going against this is a six core CPU, full stop, which is honestly worrying. This wouldn't bode well for AMD and it may be the first truly disappointing Ryzen generation if that materializes. Given the choice and the extra platform costs of AM5 I can't imagine many picking the Ryzen - the MT performance difference would be just far too overwhelming even if the total cost was about equal. Double whammy if Zen 4 cores aren't faster than Raptor Lake's P cores, as AMD's numbers don't instill much hope there either.

I think most people by now expected an 8-core R5 and a 12-core R7, since we know that the 16-core SKU is reserved for the R9. This 13600K bench would likely land above an 8-core 7600X, but perhaps AMD could sway those who want to go all-big-core, for instance on Windows 10 builds, which is a strong niche. But a 6-core 7600X against this sounds like a bloodbath.

Last edited:

systemBuilder_49

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Let's see it takes 50% more power and with the new Intel price increases it's probably 50% more money ... I don't think AMD is quaking in its boots. More like laughing all the way to the bank!

Let's see it takes 50% more power and with the new Intel price increases it's probably 50% more money ... I don't think AMD is quaking in its boots. More like laughing all the way to the bank!
50% more power than what?! The 12600k uses 150W max turbo, and this is OVERCLOCKED to an all core 5.1 and only uses up to 173W, I'm not great at math but that's not anywhere near 50% more.
If OC on such an early sample on such an early mobo only uses 173W then yes AMD should be scared.

Also if the cost of making CPUs increases that much that intel would have to charge 50% more then AMD would be out of business completely, they wouldn't be able to make any CPUs anymore at all.
TSMC already increased prices by 10% last year and is going to increase them again by another 6% in 2023, so it's not like intel is the only one raising prices, in relation to the competition CPUs prices will remain the same.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/tsmc-to-hike-chip-prices-in-2023

Reactions: KyaraM

tracker1

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
tracker1.dev
I'm not convinced this is at all meaningful... A yet to be released CPU is faster than the top of the line 2 years ago. Once upon a time tree top end performance doubled in that same time frame.

I saw a leaked 6 core Ryzen successor score claiming similar gains.

I'm not shocked, or surprised except by the claims coming from fans in either direction.

KyaraM

Admirable
50% more power than what?! The 12600k uses 150W max turbo, and this is OVERCLOCKED to an all core 5.1 and only uses up to 173W, I'm not great at math but that's not anywhere near 50% more.
If OC on such an early sample on such an early mobo only uses 173W then yes AMD should be scared.

Also if the cost of making CPUs increases that much that intel would have to charge 50% more then AMD would be out of business completely, they wouldn't be able to make any CPUs anymore at all.
TSMC already increased prices by 10% last year and is going to increase them again by another 6% in 2023, so it's not like intel is the only one raising prices, in relation to the competition CPUs prices will remain the same.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/tsmc-to-hike-chip-prices-in-2023
AMD kiddies. Either notoriously bad at math, or just pulling numbers out of their butts. I genuinely hope it's the latter, because the first would be just sad.

I'm not convinced this is at all meaningful... A yet to be released CPU is faster than the top of the line 2 years ago. Once upon a time tree top end performance doubled in that same time frame.

I saw a leaked 6 core Ryzen successor score claiming similar gains.

I'm not shocked, or surprised except by the claims coming from fans in either direction.
I genuinely can't remember when last a chip 3 down the line from the top one (four, counting the 12900KS I guess) from a previous gen, except for 11th to 12th gen. It has been the second best beating the previous flagship by maybe 2% or so for a while now and that's it. The past doesn't really matter anyways, besides, this is an early chip on an early board, they will still tune the chip further, it's not done and in shipping yet. The days of doubling performance per generation are long gone anyways. Also, the 5950X being two years old is irrelevant. There are no newer AMD chips of that performance class around, so it's currently the only ones we can compare to until we get leaks of Ryzen 7000 chip performance. I doubt anyone will actually say that Ryzen 5000 is the competition instead of Ryzen 7000, but wothout Ryzen 7000, all we can do is look at Ryzen 5000 and try to gauge performance between chips from what we know. This is such a tired old argument...