Alleged iPhone 5 Video Reveals Longer, Stronger Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
that aspect ratio looks quite bad. would look better if it kept the 4s AR, and made it bigger. I can already see advertising coming for this.

"the new iphone 5, with an new innovative stronger screen that wont shatter around the entire phone the first time you drop it!"

geeksinhere23

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
could that be the only upgrade from iphone4s to iphone5? so is more like a DSlite to DS XL. dame. apple without steve jobs is pretty much like a body without the soul with tons of $$fats$$ still remain.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]also anyone notice the condoms on that guys finger? XD[/citation]

The finger "condoms" keeps oil, dust and static off things, plus your nails won't scratch things. Some of them even have little high grip areas, useful for manufacturing jobs.

G

They need to widen the screen. It's irritating typing in landscape when you only have a few lines to see what you've typed w/o scrolling.

mjflis

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
[citation][nom]dcompart[/nom]They need to widen the screen. It's irritating typing in landscape when you only have a few lines to see what you've typed w/o scrolling.[/citation]

Who types in landscape?

mharry860

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
If they launch a new phone with the same styling and a bigger screen, it will be a flop. Crapple has run out of ideas and it's showing. The S3 is a huge slap in the face to Crapple, I had an iPhone 4 for 18 months so I'm allowed to complain, just like I did for the entire 18 months, because iOS is stupid. Samsung is throwing steak to consumers, while Crapple is dangling dried up carrots.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]QEFX[/nom]The finger "condoms" keeps oil, dust and static off things, plus your nails won't scratch things.[/citation]
Fingernails are softer than most plastics and definitely much softer than glass, which makes it technically impossible to scratch the screen with clean fingers. Your fingers need to be carrying sand or other particles with hardness equal or greater than glass (or whatever else the front face may be covered with) to scratch it.

gophergold08

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
look at all these haters. it's quite a sight. it's so sad that you have to bash a company for putting out a product that many people like. it;s funny that you people don't even know the full details and you already hate the phone as a whole. news flash, it's a phone! it's very telling when you rally behind a company/platform that doesn't give a crap about you to bash another company/platform that also doesn't give a crap about what you have to say. why don't you find a cause to put that passion into that will actually help someone, even if it is yourself. find some humanity and stop arguing over irrelevant things

gophergold08

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
look at all these haters. it's quite a sight. it's so sad that you have to bash a company for putting out a product that many people like. it;s funny that you people don't even know the full details and you already hate the phone as a whole. news flash, it's a phone! it's very telling when you rally behind a company/platform that doesn't give a crap about you to bash another company/platform that also doesn't give a crap about what you have to say. why don't you find a cause to put that passion into that will actually help someone, even if it is yourself. find some humanity and stop arguing over irrelevant things

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
new proprietary connector and now a different screen aspect ratio... Makes me wonder about any sort of compatibility with, well most of the things apple has put out in the past.

aspect ratio changes are going to make the app developer lives harder. The new proprietary connector will make authorized accessory manufacturers happy (obviously because all the current apple accessories will be obsolete and consumers will have to buy new docks, etc)

marclee37

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
apple would not possibly change the aspect ratio 1.5. if it is 1.6, 1.7, 1.79, these would be less pretty and less user friendly.
think what is our usual habit, hold the phone vertically, read row by row, left to right. "wider" would be better, in this phone case "wider" means the AR value has to be lower, not higher. the TV/ mons we are used to are all in wide format, not "tall" format, it is against our perception. i am a grown up man, i don't think watching video on small screen is fun thing.
i actually hope samsung noticed this: the ace, ace plus are pretty because they use AR1.5 screen, and ppl think these look like iphone. unfortunately the newer ace 2 is changed to AR1.67 screen.
general public should not notice this tiny difference. Apple products are pretty because they know some rules of beauty.
i do hope to see AR1.41 screen, that would be the same feel and look of a A4 paper. the newest top model from samsung S3 uses AR1.78 screen, i think it is too tall. screen area can be better assigned to left and right.
a 3.5" AR1.5 phone is not the same as a 3.5" AR1.79 phone. actual area is 8% different. nowadays ppl would just compare the diagonal size

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ElCheapo[/nom]That's a Vernier Calliper not a Micrometer.[/citation]
you are wrong...it's a digital Vernier Caliper...not a Vernier Caliper, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS