News Alleged RTX 3090 Ti Packaging Reveals Next Year's Sold Out GPU

gargoylenest

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
the only relevant question for those who will be able to buy the stocks before its even commercialized: what's is the hash rate?

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
This is the RTX 3090 Ti Jensen E-Peen Stroking Scalper Edition.
That RX 6900 XTX(H), must be like a sore thumb for him, thus this aberration comes (450W? at $2000? or more).

Lovelace and RDNA3 after 6 months will make a joke of this very very expensive GPU brick.

Not that it matters, because only those with more money than sense will buy this, as was/is the case with 3090/3080 Ti/6900 XT and any gaming GPU that costs over $1000.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
If that TDP is accurate, why? GDDR6X is horribly inefficient, but 100W to get from 19.5 Gbps to 21 Gbps? The card is also rumored to be using only 12 memory chips instead of 24, so Nvidia better have jacked up the clock speeds along with the jacked up price to justify that TDP.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
If this is going to be unobtainable during 2022 and that based on prior history we would expect next gen cards in Q3/Q4 2022 will this card actually ever hit the market?
We were supposed to have regular availability of the 30-series Q2 or Q3 of this year. I remember when Nvidia, AIBs, and retailers were promising the shortages would ease up and cards would be in stock again. Never happened. This 3090 Ti model will only hit the scalping and mining markets. No regular enthusiast will be able to buy it retail.

Reactions: gargoylenest
I got the feeling we may have to think a life without GPUs, at least as long as some cripto-mining requires proof of work.

You can buy 6 decent accoustic guitars for the price of 1x RTX 3090, that how stupid things are right now.

So Mr. fancy virtual person can get this card and insert it back there where the sun never shines.

We were supposed to have regular availability of the 30-series Q2 or Q3 of this year. I remember when Nvidia, AIBs, and retailers were promising the shortages would ease up and cards would be in stock again. Never happened. This 3090 Ti model will only hit the scalping and mining markets. No regular enthusiast will be able to buy it retail.

And let that be a lesson learned for all involved from Nvidia to the AIB board partners to the consumer: don't make promises you cannot 100% guarantee in an uncertain world* and don't expect everything you hear as a consumer to follow through in said world. The same can be said with AMD at this point in their GPUs as well as APUs used for the XB1X and PS5 gaming consoles which also are as hard to find as a new 3-series Nvidia GPU without paying double or more MSRP from from scalpers (AMD RX 6000 series GPUs abound out there however for at most a few hundred over MSRP so that's pretty telling).

*Uncertain world that continues two years later after Covid was first detected which shut the world economy down as well as continues to drive cryptocurrency demand.

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
This is the RTX 3090 Ti Jensen E-Peen Stroking Scalper Edition.
That RX 6900 XTX(H), must be like a sore thumb for him, thus this aberration comes (450W? at $2000? or more).

Lovelace and RDNA3 after 6 months will make a joke of this very very expensive GPU brick.

Not that it matters, because only those with more money than sense will buy this, as was/is the case with 3090/3080 Ti/6900 XT and any gaming GPU that costs over $1000.

Lovelace is such a lovely name for a product stack. I might get my hands on one of them by the product name alone.

(don't follow my footsteps though, save your money, buy only what's necessary)
That said, I had a similar opionion on AMD Aerith, but that's just me.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
Lovelace is such a lovely name for a product stack. I might get my hands on one of them by the product name alone.

(don't follow my footsteps though, save your money, buy only what's necessary)
That said, I had a similar opionion on AMD Aerith, but that's just me.
It's actually the opposite for me.

I do actually not buy a product based on it's name, if it has a stupid name or not to my liking. Like for example anything related to and including hell and devil names, like the GPUs from Powercolor. I think it's a very bad taste to name your products like that, no matter ones beliefs, these are ugly names and I don't want to see them shining and lighting my room with those stupid names in RGB... so I will never buy them.

I actually had the option to buy a cheaper top of the line version of the RX 6700 XT from Powercolor, but because of their stupid name I chose the more expensive XFX one (only $25 extra), which is also top of the line and I don't regret one bit. My XFX Merc 319 is amazing for an RX 6700 XT. So it's their loss, they are losing customers.

As for Lovelace and RDNA3, I don't care about nvidia, but I can't wait for RDNA3 actually. I don't believe in 2.5x-3x performance gains, but I think 2x is possible and that means the middle tiers which I care about will also see a big jump in performance. If the RX 7700 XT will have 1.8x-2x performance gains over RX 6700 XT, that would be amazing for me. Although I expect it to be more expensive too, like +$100 more (for the fabled MSRP)... it's inevitable.

3090 Ti being plagued by the same availability and price issues we had for more than a year now, I think will be a blessing in disguise, because it's really not worth it to buy that GPU for gaming, especially when the next gen is so close and has such a big leap in performance.