[SOLVED] Allocated RAM for iGPU. Do I remove it?

Demoniacs

Commendable
Sep 30, 2019
I have a nitro 5 with 8 GB ram installed but only showing about 6gb usable. I understand the 2 gb is for igpu allocation. the laptop itself has gtx 1650.

My question is do I need to have that 2gb to the iGPU since I have the 1650? Would you guys recommend I remove it or let it be?

TIA

Solution
Thanks. The reason I'm asking is I want to free up the (some) allocated ram (if that is even possible) because the ram percentage is almost 80-90% most of the time when running web browser (chrome 10-12 tabs) and some application (ms teams, skype, calculator, excel).

Could it be a faulty ram? Or does the 10 tabs of chrome too much for the remaining 6gb (and do you recommend I add more)?
Yes, it sounds like the 8GB is not enough for your use.
Teams/Skype/Excel...all can be resource hogs.
My work laptop is also 8GB, and trying to run all that at the same time brings the poor thing to its knees.

Bump that up to 16 if at all possible.

USAFRet

Titan
I have a nitro 5 with 8 GB ram installed but only showing about 6gb usable. I understand the 2 gb is for igpu allocation. the laptop itself has gtx 1650.

My question is do I need to have that 2gb to the iGPU since I have the 1650? Would you guys recommend I remove it or let it be?

TIA
Leave it.
The laptop almost certainly uses the iGPU in situations of low demand.

Demoniacs

Commendable
Sep 30, 2019
Leave it.
The laptop almost certainly uses the iGPU in situations of low demand.

Thanks. The reason I'm asking is I want to free up the (some) allocated ram (if that is even possible) because the ram percentage is almost 80-90% most of the time when running web browser (chrome 10-12 tabs) and some application (ms teams, skype, calculator, excel).

Could it be a faulty ram? Or does the 10 tabs of chrome too much for the remaining 6gb (and do you recommend I add more)?

USAFRet

Titan

My work laptop is also 8GB, and trying to run all that at the same time brings the poor thing to its knees.

Solution

Demoniacs

Commendable
Sep 30, 2019

Really appreciate the response. Marking as solved.

TRENDING THREADS