[SOLVED] Allowing certain services on WiFi based on time

Sep 26, 2021
Hello!
I work at a boarding school where we have a WiFi network specifically for the students that shuts off at a certain time. I'm looking for a way to allow certain apps (specifically WhatsApp, Zoom and Skype) to access the network outside of the hours when the student network is set to shut off. I've gone fairly deep into Google results (seven pages) on several different searches but have only come up with how to schedule WiFi, and how to restrict certain sites at all times.
Any help is appreciated, thanks for listening!

Solution
Hello!
I work at a boarding school where we have a WiFi network specifically for the students that shuts off at a certain time. I'm looking for a way to allow certain apps (specifically WhatsApp, Zoom and Skype) to access the network outside of the hours when the student network is set to shut off. I've gone fairly deep into Google results (seven pages) on several different searches but have only come up with how to schedule WiFi, and how to restrict certain sites at all times.
It is going to be difficult and depend on the network hardware you have.
You have to have a firewall that will allow only certain URLs through during your "off" periods. That is an advanced feature and...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello!
It is going to be difficult and depend on the network hardware you have.
You have to have a firewall that will allow only certain URLs through during your "off" periods. That is an advanced feature and probably requires a complete proxy with SSL certificate to intercept SSL encrypted traffic.

Solution