Question Almost all games crashing under load

JiNama

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
Hi everyone.

I built a new gaming PC a couple months ago and ever since I built it, graphically intensive games crash at seemingly random times.

SPECS:
MSI RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS
MSI Z390-A PRO
16GB XPG GAMING RAM
750W Corsair RMx PSU
i7 9700k stock clocks

Latest nvidia drivers.

Some games like Assassins Creed Odyssey, Jedi: fallen order, and COD:MW are crashing in ways I've never seen before. Basically, when playing, they will crash at seemingly random times by showing a solid color on either one of my monitors or both, holding that for a couple seconds, then crashing to desktop. During this time, the windows usb disconnect sound plays usually. This happens very frequently during COD:MW. Under clocking by a lot (like -300 on the core) for the GPU helps, but even then it'll crash sometimes. If MW crashes, Battle.Net also does. Also, MW gives specific errors that may help you, but I haven't been able to find anything that's worked; DEV ERROR 6068 and 6070: DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error.

I've already tried reseating almost everything (minus CPU), reinstalling drivers using DDU, disabling nvidia overlay, underclocking (which does help), plugging in a 6 pin power on an entirely different rail (I.E. 8 pin from one rail, 6 from another), and probably some other things I've forgotten. Nothing's worked 100%.

Another thing that only happens on whichever monitor is using display port from GPU is that very rarely, said monitor's image will "split" into what seems like 3 mirror sections overlapping with the left and right sections being sort of transparent and the middle section being less so. The output seems to "tear" into these 3 sections (idk how to explain, I'll try and get pictures). This only happens via display port for whatever reason. When this issue happens, I need to reboot to fix the monitor with the issue. I don't need to reboot after the more frequent game crashes that produce the solid color screen.

Both problems lessen when only using one monitor (never even had a crash with one monitor).

Also important to note that when I first built my PC I had an RX 5700XT and had similar problems so I returned it for the RTX 2070S hoping it would fix it. So very unlikely that its a GPU issue.

Will post photos as soon as the issue happens again. Any help is appreciated!! This is a very weird issue I've never experienced before.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS