AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Stock
ASROCK AB350M Pro4
2x4GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX 2666MHZ
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti OC 1GB GV-N75TOC-1GI
Western Digital - RE4 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
EDIT2: PSU is a okay-ish budget brazilian made C3TECH 500W DSA-500VE
Windows 10 PRO 64

My Problem:

I had an old build with a CPU Athlon II x4 630, with scavenged parts from some relatives, but decided to do a upgrade to Ryzen with my limited budget on Blatck Friday. Bought all of them (CPU+MOBO+RAM), and i built the PC around mid-december.

It worked perfectly until recently, when two days ago it started to suddenly freeze while gaming. The game screen (and PC) freezes, and keeps repeating the last sound it played (sometimes it looks like the sound advances just a little, it may be just my impression though).

The game that freezes the most is Rocket League, even though it is not that demanding when comparing it to other games (Usually uses around 60% of my GPU on my graphics setting). The Forest is the most recent one to freeze the PC (Much higher GPU usage).

Temperatures are absolutely fine at the moment of the freeze, around 60 ºC.

What i already did to try to fix:

-Updated GPU Drivers

-Reverted GPU driver to an old one

-Checked recent windows events to see if anything popped before the crash/freeze(Nothing there)

-Deactivated NVidia HD Audio Driver (Saw someone saying that the latest version was causing freezes on his PC)

-Removed all "Strange" USB devices such as dualshock 3, leaving only the mouse and keyboard as USB devices.

-Ran Memtest86 for 4 passes. (0 errors)

-Checked if all the PSU cables are properly connected to the mobo and the GPU.

-Cleaned GPU Fan.

-Checked Crystal Disk Info and ran HD Tune to check for possible errors in my HDD.

-Updated BIOS

My main guess is that the culprit is the PSU, but is it common for the PSU to cause this types of freezes?

The PSU is with me for around 5 years and never brought me any problem at all even when running the Athlon II x4 630 (95W CPU, while my new Ryzen is 65W). The reviews say that it's a okay-ish budget PSU, at the time it was worth buying.

I was planning to get another PSU in a few months, since i'm still paying for the parts i got and don't have the money to buy it right now. Unless i'm really sure that it's the PSU that is causing the problem.

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that i bought a new case with the CPU+MOBO+RAM, and the Power LED stopped working after 1week (Changed the HDD Led and Power LED and confirmed that it's indeed the PLed that died, not the Mobo). Can this indicate that it's a PSU problem?

Solution
You can try bringing in your PSU to a local computer shop (call first and confirm) and they may be able to test the PSU for free. I don't know how correctly they test the draw on the power supply, as just opposed to voltages, but they did confirm a suspected failed unit for me before (Thermalfake). I also wonder if some shops have a no discount return within so many days if you buy one and test it and claim whatever (get a decent one and keep it if it's the answer)
Although this is old, it's still fairly valuable - THIS THING

diegoknj

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

Yes, booted from my USB, deleted all partitions and reinstalled Windows, 100% clean install.

Perhaps i didn't explain the "Strange" Usb devices part quite well. I use the Dualshock for gaming, so i removed the Dualshock (Phisically and the drivers) and left only the Mouse and Keyboard just to be sure it was not its fault.

Full specs please

diegoknj

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

SPECS posted, forgot them before, sorry.

Forgot to mention, updated BIOS already! Will add on the Original Post.

diegoknj

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

I do have a Power Supply, and i say it numerous times in the Original Post. I didn't post it at the specs because it's a old PSU made by a Brazilian Company, so it won't be known by anyone i think.
But to clear any missunderstandings, i will post as a Generic PSU, sorry about that!

diegoknj

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

As i said, i want to rule out every other possibility and be as sure as possible that it is the PSU fault. The PSU is with me for 5 years, and has never failed me once. Although it is not a renowed brand, it did pretty okay in reviews in my country at almost everything, being an okay budget PSU for an entry-system such as mine.

diegoknj

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

By looking next, what do you mean? Is there any way to test my PSU?
The only way i know to test my PSU is actually buying another one... something not that easy for me right now, unless extremely necessary.

EDIT: There's also the possibility of a faulty mobo/GPU, but i'm not really sure how to troubleshoot it

Oh, and i didn't mean to sound like i'm defending my PSU, just trying to say how the PSU is since it won't be easy to search about it.

You can try bringing in your PSU to a local computer shop (call first and confirm) and they may be able to test the PSU for free. I don't know how correctly they test the draw on the power supply, as just opposed to voltages, but they did confirm a suspected failed unit for me before (Thermalfake). I also wonder if some shops have a no discount return within so many days if you buy one and test it and claim whatever (get a decent one and keep it if it's the answer)
Although this is old, it's still fairly valuable - THIS THING

Solution