[SOLVED] Almost completely new pc but frames got way worse.

Aug 11, 2019
I put together almost a completely new pc build and everything is fine and correct except that my frames are so low in games. In CSGO, where i used to get 120 frames, i now get 20. I have a GTX 1660. I used DDU to uninstall old drivers as i went from an AMD card to a NVIDIA card. I can now not install the new drivers. When i try to install the new graphics drivers it tells me to get the game ready drivers from GeForce Experience. Then GeForce Experience always says "Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003. I have no idea what the problem is and i am kinda a pc noob. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Best to reinstall Windows from scratch so there are no underlying problems from different hardware especially the motherboard.

Which Windows are you running?

If Win10,

Keep away from driver booster programs, they cause more problems then they solve. Grab drivers for your motherboard from the motherboard's website.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you reinstall Windows or transfer from old system to this one?

Have you installed chipset drivers for your motherboard?

Are you getting drivers from Geforce.com/drivers?

Is the video cable connected to the graphics card not the motherboard?

List complete specs

Aug 11, 2019
Did you reinstall Windows or transfer from old system to this one?

Have you installed chipset drivers for your motherboard?

Are you getting drivers from Geforce.com/drivers?

Is the video cable connected to the graphics card not the motherboard?

List complete specs
I transferred from an old system to this one but would like to put windows on my ssd which i just got.
I have chipset drivers installed and according to driver booster they are the right ones.
I am getting my drivers from Geforce.com/drivers.
The hdmi cable is connected to the graphics card.
Specs: Gtx 1660
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+, 80 plus gold 750W
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
Asus prime z270p

Sorry if i did not give the right information i am not very knowledgeable with computer parts.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Best to reinstall Windows from scratch so there are no underlying problems from different hardware especially the motherboard.

If Win10,

Keep away from driver booster programs, they cause more problems then they solve. Grab drivers for your motherboard from the motherboard's website.

Solution
Aug 11, 2019

If Win10,

I will do the re installation of Windows most likely tomorrow when i buy a flash drive. Thanks for your help today it means a lot. I hope you dont mind if i can ask more questions if my problem is not solved. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2019
No worries, let us know if all is good as well. Good luck.
I am just now getting the motivation to do this and i have a question. I have made the windows 10 installation media on my flash drive. I am confused about after I install windows 10 onto my ssd of what to do next. Do i just erase everything off of my hdd?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Disconnect your hdd first so when Win10 installs to the ssd it doesn't put the boot loader on the hdd. Win10 has a habit of doing that and if the hdd is removed later can run into problems.

Once Windows is installed on the ssd, reconnect hdd and make sure the ssd is used and not the hdd. Then format the hdd.

I am just now getting the motivation to do this and i have a question. I have made the windows 10 installation media on my flash drive. I am confused about after I install windows 10 onto my ssd of what to do next. Do i just erase everything off of my hdd?
First make sure you are booting from the SSD, by changing the boot order from the BIOS, then you can either wipe the Windows partition from the HDD(recommended) or just delete the folders manually.

TRENDING THREADS