[SOLVED] Almost daily BSOD on custom build

cubingminer8

Reputable
Aug 15, 2017
Ok. so i've got a custom build, and ever since i built it, it's had some instability. It used to be that my gpu driver would crash a ton, with the occasional (about monthly) bsod with the error "DRIVER_IRL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL", along those lines.
Whenever this happened i'd do a full reinstall and update of the gpu drivers and that was fine. I've also got all the motherboard drivers installed.
At some point I upgraded the motherboard, cpu and ram. It was fine for a bit but the bsod's with the error above were still happening in similar frequency. Nowadays it practially BSOD's whenever i'm on it (tends to be after a few hours). With all sorts of random errors, no real consitensy with them. It tends to be when i'm on a game (even just in menu's though sometimes), but honestly it's pretty random. I don't think it's an overheat as i've got a decent fan curve on and it doesn't just completely black out, it's always a bluescreen.
no overclocking or anything.

Full specs:
windows 10 (all up to date)
cpu: ryzen 1400 (w' stock cooler)
mobo: asus Prime-B350-plus
ram: 2x4GB corsair vengence 3200MHz (in dual channel)
gpu: gigabyte AMD RX460 4GB
hdd: seagate blue 1TB 7200RPM
psu: corsair vs550 Bronze
there's also an old dvd drive connected via sata if that's important at all

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
pfn list is harddisk corruption fault, do a drive scan including bad sectors
also check for s.m.a.r.t. info from your drive
crystal disk info
you may want to run memtest to see if that drive corruption is comming from your ram, if u change ram frequency, new test should be done, any error count higher than 0 is bad

once disk table repaired with ok smart info and 0 errors from ram
u can proceed to repair your operating system
run those commands in CMD/powershell with admin rights :
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

if dism failed u will need windows installation media, same build version as you have installed now
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
DISM /Online...

cubingminer8

Reputable
Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for the help. Did this earlier today and had my pc on for a bit. haven't had a bluescreen yet, so it seems alright. I'll update you if it does. Otherwise, i think it's fixed. Thank you very much

cubingminer8

Reputable
Aug 15, 2017
if you having random bsods, try reduce ram clock to 2933Mhz first, if issue persists, u can upload some bsod dumps
ok. It's been a day or two, and the bsod's are worse. rather than after a few hours it happens around 2-5 minutes after boot. But the error message is consitent, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I reduced the memory clock further to 2133 but same error. How would I get a bsod dump to upload?

pfn list is harddisk corruption fault, do a drive scan including bad sectors
also check for s.m.a.r.t. info from your drive
crystal disk info
you may want to run memtest to see if that drive corruption is comming from your ram, if u change ram frequency, new test should be done, any error count higher than 0 is bad

once disk table repaired with ok smart info and 0 errors from ram
u can proceed to repair your operating system
run those commands in CMD/powershell with admin rights :
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

if dism failed u will need windows installation media, same build version as you have installed now
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

replace path to your install.wim file, also DISM commands are case sensitive

if its says all ok:
SFC /scannow

once all done, reboot
BSODs after this point u can upload to any file sharing web services and share link here
ms onedrive, google drive, etc.

Solution