[SOLVED] Almost everything related to windows doesn't open

amjedfiras

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
I have windows 10 pro that is not active at the moment, yesterday when I tried opening apps I got from the microsoft store they didnt open, the microsoft store doesnt open, I cant go to settings, I cant open almost everything on the taskbar (windows icon, settings, etc.) But I can open other apps like steam or files. I tried clicking on the apps many times but it doesnt work and I cant open settings

Solution
@Ralston18 I have found sfc isn't much good at finding problems associated with the store but you never know, might fix other things :)

right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
which version number are you on? Latest is 1909

I only ask as one possible fix is https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html - all it does is replace windows, everything else should stay as is.

I would suggest making a new user account but that is difficult without settings.

Colif

Win 11 Master
@Ralston18 I have found sfc isn't much good at finding problems associated with the store but you never know, might fix other things :)

right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
which version number are you on? Latest is 1909

I only ask as one possible fix is https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html - all it does is replace windows, everything else should stay as is.

I would suggest making a new user account but that is difficult without settings.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Thanks.

No disagreement. And the TenForums link may be the end route to take.

I seldom download anything from the store per se so I was not aware of that limitation regarding sfc.

Next in line: DISM perhaps based on the premise that the Command prompt was accessible and that sfc failed to provide a fix.

However, reading back I did not mention the Windows Troubleshooters - probably should have mentioned that first.

My thought then - if sfc does not find and/or fix some problem:

Windows Troubleshooters

DISM

TenForums.

Depends, I think, on what the OP discovers and posts.

And I am still curious about "not active" and what that may mean or involve.