Question Alphabet keys not working in games occasionally

Theron2290

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a strange problem. When starting up games, there is a chance that my letter keys(basically a-z, 1-0) will simply not respond. The strange part is that tab, cap lock, shift, space, all function keys, etc, all will continue to work. The only way i can see to fix the issue is to exit the game completely and restart.

This has occurred with a bunch of games, total war, league, call of duty, etc.

The keyboard I am using is a k70 RGB.

Any help would be appreciated.

make sure firmware is up to date. make sure control software is up to date.
and make sure you don't have any virtual keyboard settings interfering in Windows.

if still having issues; uninstall all Corsair keyboard software and drivers. reboot and see if the issue still occurs with only Window's generic keyboard drivers.
try reinstalling latest Corsair software and drivers again.

Theron2290

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
and make sure you don't have any virtual keyboard settings interfering in Windows.

if still having issues; uninstall all Corsair keyboard software and drivers. reboot and see if the issue still occurs with only Window's generic keyboard drivers.

Thank you for the quick response.

I did update the firmware, and just now updated ICUE. I looked over the keyboard settings in windows and everything is turned off, however, I think those are physical keyboard settings, the only options I have for virtual is to turn it on or off. Not sure if you have other settings in mind.

I'll run with this and see if it helps. If not ill give your other solution a try.

Thank you for your help.

Theron2290

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017

Sorry to bother you, I have encountered the error again. One thing that I noticed when uninstalling the drivers, was it seems that it was already using the generic keyboard drivers. I have looked all around to try and find specific drivers for it, however, I am just directed to the icue software, which has no options to update drivers, only firmware.

Theron2290

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a strange problem. When starting up games, there is a chance that my letter keys(basically a-z, 1-0) will simply not respond. The strange part is that tab, cap lock, shift, space, all function keys, etc, all will continue to work. The only way i can see to fix the issue is to exit the game completely and restart.

This has occurred with a bunch of games, total war, league, call of duty, etc.

The keyboard I am using is a k70 RGB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just for anyone else running into this same issue. Turns out it was actually my antivirus causing the issue. Specifically webroot.