Alphabetizing Desktop Icons

When I right-click some place on my desktop and then select "arrange
icons by - name", I get 4 alphabetized lists within the totql one.

I'd like to keep the first 7 icons (My Documents, My Computer, etc.) as
they are even though they are out of order alphabetically. (They never
move now when arranging icons by name.) However, I'd like to combine
everything else into 1 alphabetical list.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

John Williams

Items in Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop are displayed before any personal desktop items. Additionally, some programs create shortcuts that are given a higher "priority". They will come after icons like Recycle Bin, My Documents and etc., but before the personal shortcuts/items.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"John Williams" <john@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:_rFue.10234$pa3.450@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> When I right-click some place on my desktop and then select "arrange
> icons by - name", I get 4 alphabetized lists within the totql one.
>
> I'd like to keep the first 7 icons (My Documents, My Computer, etc.) as
> they are even though they are out of order alphabetically. (They never
> move now when arranging icons by name.) However, I'd like to combine
> everything else into 1 alphabetical list.
>
> Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> John Williams

TRENDING THREADS