Alphacool Announces 'Eiszapfen' Quick Connect Couplings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Creating quick release couplings certainly required some modification, primarily the following 2 points:

Air compressor connections reply partly on the high pressure to engage the coupling and if used for water can leak.

Also air line connections can be Quite restrictive to water flow.

The type shown above are really quite good as such quick connections go for a water cooling setup. When disconnecting surprisingly little water escapes!

Astone3145

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
These seem to be the pc water cooling equivalent of the expensive fancy air couplings that are out there that no one buys cause they're just an air fitting...The fancy makes a lot more sense when you're trying to keep electronics dry and still have flexibility with HW changes. I'd say the extra $ is worth it for flow and peace of mind. Wouldn't you?

I personally dont go into my system enough to warrant the need for quick disconnect fittings. I would rather have less fittings for a better piece of mind.
Do these have a use? Of course. Not everyone will want them.

What I think they're really cool for is two part systems, where the computer only holds the waterblocks and tubing to the back of the case, with a pair of tubes running to a dedicated rad box that has all of the radiators, fans, reservoir, and pump; it moves a lot of the fittings and parts most likely to break away from the computer, gives more room to work with, and makes everything cleaner. Being able to disconnect the two parts easily is a huge benefit, and this is an upgrade to the normal quick disconnects used for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.