Alphacool Launches RTX AIO Liquid Coolers With Nearly Silent Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom10167

Honorable
Apr 9, 2014
Thank you for writing "nearly silent" and not "very silent!" I find this frustrating, especially in journalism where it's expected the writer should understand what words mean. :)
With the added backplate this thing looks extremely perfect.

poopflinger

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I use the Eiswolf GPX Pro to cool my Zotac GTX 1080ti. It rarely gets over 50 degrees under extended periods of gaming at 4k. I was really hoping to get an EK GPU block for it, but they don't make one. I'm glad I discovered Alphacool. The design is a bit different in concept to EK. The water doesn't really circulate throughout the GPU block. Since the pump is on the GPU block, the water only directly cools the processor of the GPU and passively cools the rest of the block which acts as a giant heat sink. Still very effective. It took a long time for me install the waterblock on the GPU, however. Thermal pads need to placed on the front and back of the PCB. It took me hours to meticulously line up all the thermal pads that had to be placed on the PCB. In the end, it was well worth it. Dropped temps by over 30 degrees Celcius. I would expect similar cooling capability with the RTX series.

saunupe1911

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2016
These things always seemed low volume to me. I mean how many people actually take the existing back plates off their $500 to $1200 cards and void the warranty. Or does this attach to the existing back plate?

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
i'd love to have this along side my Eisbaer 360, but i think 3 changes would make it perfect;
- offer a 360mm rad version
- offer a partial kit of the heatsink that can mate-up with an Eisbaer (ala Kraken G12)
- design the heatsink with inter-changeable plates under it so the unit can be easily/cheaply transferred between cards when upgrading (& fit a larger variety of "partner boards")

poopflinger

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

I would love to see variations in the Eiswolf kits as well. Currently, by default, my GPU block kit came with a 120mm radiator. I wanted a 240mm radiator, so I had to order just the GPU block separately and added the quick-connect 240mm radiator to it. This likely cost me extra money to do it this way but it was the only option. It would be nice to have options in radiator size with these kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.