[SOLVED] alright I have finalized my pc build! is it competent? will all the parts work together? or will one part bottle neck another? any thoughts welcome!

Sep 28, 2019
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A 60.09 CFM CPU Cooler
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 5.5 g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX Predator 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
I don't see any issues at all. But a couple questions...

1)The value of the 9600K isn't as good compared to the Ryzen 3600. Plus, should all 6 threads ever be used up, the performance of the 9600K drops off rather significantly.
Is there a reason for selecting this cpu over the other?

2)Same deal as the first point, but with the RTX 2060 Super you've selected vs the RX 5700. Reason?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

1)The value of the 9600K isn't as good compared to the Ryzen 3600. Plus, should all 6 threads ever be used up, the performance of the 9600K drops off rather significantly.

2)Same deal as the first point, but with the RTX 2060 Super you've selected vs the RX 5700. Reason?

Solution
Sep 28, 2019

the reason behind it is nothing scientific or super logical or anything. im not going to be streaming, nor am i going to be doing any video rendering. and when i am playing games i only have my main monitor turned on so i can focus on the game itself. and if im being honest im just not a fan of amd even with the improvements they have made. i dont hate them or people who like them. I am just not a fan myself is all.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
the reason behind it is nothing scientific or super logical or anything. im not going to be streaming, nor am i going to be doing any video rendering. and when i am playing games i only have my main monitor turned on so i can focus on the game itself. and if im being honest im just not a fan of amd even with the improvements they have made. i dont hate them or people who like them. I am just not a fan myself is all.
Thanks for that.
I don't see any compatibility issues with what you've put together, so enjoy!

There’s no reason to be a “fan” of a company, AMD has a better platform atm so you should go for them. Go where the performance is.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
One thing ,you pick some pretty expensive thermal paste,the cooler comes with a tube of Noctua's own which should work fine. I personally would test with that first before paying that much money for maybe a few degrees difference.
Just trying to keep cost down.;)