Question Alright, so Im a little lost, pc is having extreme trouble booting

24brycec

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017
First post in 5 years, wow, anyway

I have a custom built PC that I've used for a while. I've had issues booting for about a month where it would get stuck after the post screen and stay there for about 5 minutes then finally go through, it seemed to be fixed by restarting the PC. Well, It finally messed up badly. I was playing CS2 and my game froze, it had been crashing for about 1 month randomly, I thought it could be the game, no big deal. I open task manager, Task manager freezes also, 2 of my 3 screens were unresponsive. I decided to restart my PC because I couldn't really do much. Well, now it was screwed.

I could turn on the PC and it would get to A0 (post boot) and just stay there, nothing else. Sometimes It would go to automatic repair, but it would stay their forever. I thought I had a windows Issue, so i tried to put a USB with windows in it to repair windows, it wouldn't boot to the PC (Even when I selected it). I ended up taking out the M.2 that had windows (it was a 1tb m.2 WD, I didn't like it so I was going to replace it anyway) and put a samsung one in instead. So I have 1 totally new nvme m.2 and 2 that were on the pc, along with the two sata ssd's that were on the pc.

It will now sometimes boot to the windows installer and will let me install windows on the new nvme m.2, and it will work and I can use the pc like normal, but when I go to restart the pc, its like it has zero clue what to boot from. The bios will also not show the other nvme m.2's or the Sata SSD's in the bios, I can see its connected in other Bios settings, but they don't show up on the easy page (Advanced they will). One common error I get is "GPT HEADER CURRUPTION HAS BEEN DETECTED"

Ive went through about every bios settings and boot settings I can think of and I keep getting this error

I'm going to get a USB to NVME M.2 adapter so I can completely wipe the m.2's and try to basically have a full reset

What ive replaced
CMOS Battery, Cleared CMOS, Replaced old WD (had windows) with new Samsung m.2 (Still have a 500gb WD), Reseated ram, tried to reinstall windows, reseated GPU

PC specs
i7-11700k OC
Asus rog strix 3080ti
3 nvme m.2 (2 Samsung, 1 WD)
2 sata ssd's (Samsung and Adata)
32gb G skill Trident Ram
Asus rog Maximus XIII Mobo
1000w Seasonic PSU
EKWB Water cooling (CPU AND GPU)

The GPT (GUID Partition Table) Header error you're getting has to do with a SATA setting in the BIOS being set incorrectly or a drive is failing.

I would download a hard drive diagnostic tool and run it on your drives and see how they come out. That particular error, along with what you described, sounds like one of them is on the way out. That could also cause boot issues where it doesn't know where to boot from.

24brycec

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017
The GPT (GUID Partition Table) Header error you're getting has to do with a SATA setting in the BIOS being set incorrectly or a drive is failing.

I would download a hard drive diagnostic tool and run it on your drives and see how they come out. That particular error, along with what you described, sounds like one of them is on the way out. That could also cause boot issues where it doesn't know where to boot from.
Should have added, when i ran a benchmark, the other WD Drive I had always did pretty bad, so it may be that one