Not open for further replies.

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Last edited:

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
I wouldn't recommend EITHER of those coolers. Is there are reason you have to order from Aliexpress? What country are you in?
I Am from India and I just want something really cheap because everything in my location is 200% expensive online and 300-400% expensive on local stores(But that's not the only reason I go for Aliexpress I just want to buy something very cheap and has justifiable value for the price)

Ok, here's my recommendation and I work with people from India and Bangladesh pretty often here. Many local shops and all of the online vendors should have availability in most regions of India and Bangladesh on the Gammaxx 400. That is a very good cooler AND it is very inexpensive. If you can't find that, then try any of the Cooler master 212 coolers including the 212 EVO, 212x, Black edition, etc. Cryorig R7 is also very good, but usually a bit more expensive and probably not available to you without ordering online.

Here is my list of recommended budget coolers, not in any particular order.

Gammaxx 400 or GT. In a REAL pinch, you might be able to get by if you don't have a high TDP CPU, with a Gammaxx 300 but I would not use that with anything that has more than four cores and not with any of the four cores that has higher than 65w TDP.

Cooler master Hyper 212 Evo, X, Black, etc.

Arctic freezer 34 and various sub models.

Cooler master MA410p Masterair

Arctic freezer extreme

Anything cheaper than those models, and depending on what your CPU model is, you're probably just wasting your money and might as well just use the stock cooler.

Reactions: Arun05

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Ok, here's my recommendation and I work with people from India and Bangladesh pretty often here. Many local shops and all of the online vendors should have availability in most regions of India and Bangladesh on the Gammaxx 400. That is a very good cooler AND it is very inexpensive. If you can't find that, then try any of the Cooler master 212 coolers including the 212 EVO, 212x, Black edition, etc. Cryorig R7 is also very good, but usually a bit more expensive and probably not available to you without ordering online.

Here is my list of recommended budget coolers, not in any particular order.

Gammaxx 400 or GT. In a REAL pinch, you might be able to get by if you don't have a high TDP CPU, with a Gammaxx 300 but I would not use that with anything that has more than four cores and not with any of the four cores that has higher than 65w TDP.

Cooler master Hyper 212 Evo, X, Black, etc.

Arctic freezer 34 and various sub models.

Cooler master MA410p Masterair

Arctic freezer extreme

Anything cheaper than those models, and depending on what your CPU model is, you're probably just wasting your money and might as well just use the stock cooler.
“Tech Yes City” and “Maple Syrup Gaming and Tech” are the only channels I found testing generic coolers in their tests the generic coolers are performing close enough
hyper212 and gamaxx 400 but still the branded cooler are 1-2 degrees cooler but the pricing of all the coolers you have mentioned above are way too high compared to the AliExpress cooler. So I tug out of buying the generic coolers but the 90mm dual and 120mm single tower is what confuses me I can’t find any reviews comparing them and the answers I found in other threads some people suggest the single tower others suggest the dual tower

“Tech Yes City” and “Maple Syrup Gaming and Tech” are the only channels I found testing generic coolers in their tests the generic coolers are performing close enough
hyper212 and gamaxx 400 but still the branded cooler are 1-2 degrees cooler but the pricing of all the coolers you have mentioned above are way too high compared to the AliExpress cooler. So I tug out of buying the generic coolers but the 90mm dual and 120mm single tower is what confuses me I can’t find any reviews comparing them and the answers I found in other threads some people suggest the single tower others suggest the dual tower

If you absolutely have no choice besides those 2 coolers, get the 1st one with the rgb.

It has a max rpm of 2200 as the snowman has a max of 900-1200. And you want as much rpms as you can get for max airflow when getting hot.

Now both of those coolers are not reliable, just saying. but if you HAVE to pick between those 2, go with the 1st one.

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
T
If you absolutely have no choice besides those 2 coolers, get the 1st one with the rgb.

It has a max rpm of 2200 as the snowman has a max of 900-1200. And you want as much rpms as you can get for max airflow when getting hot.

Now both of those coolers are not reliable, just saying. but if you HAVE to pick between those 2, go with the 1st one.
Thank you

Reactions: Jason H.
Well they are better than stock coolers right?

Probably not. Depends on what stock cooler you have. Intel and AMD tend to at least get OK fans with their coolers. Some of those cheap Chinese no name fans are liable to short out the motors and cause fires. I'd probably NOT go for the 2200rpm fan UNLESS you are able to control the fan speed down to about 1500-1700rpm in your BIOS. I wouldn't trust ANY knockoff or low quality fan running that fast inside my system. Fan comes off the impeller and bye bye motherboard or something, or motor gets hot and catches the whole thing on fire. And yes, that happens all the time when people cheap out on stuff or don't use the right tools for the job such as adapters that don't belong.

Well they are better than stock coolers right?
Probably not. Depends on what stock cooler you have. Intel and AMD tend to at least get OK fans with their coolers. Some of those cheap Chinese no name fans are liable to short out the motors and cause fires. I'd probably NOT go for the 2200rpm fan UNLESS you are able to control the fan speed down to about 1500-1700rpm in your BIOS. I wouldn't trust ANY knockoff or low quality fan running that fast inside my system. Fan comes off the impeller and bye bye motherboard or something, or motor gets hot and catches the whole thing on fire. And yes, that happens all the time when people cheap out on stuff or don't use the right tools for the job such as adapters that don't belong.

well of course my recommendation was assuming he would turn on PWM and not DC lol..

Most people wouldnt just be running their fans on max at all times. Only stress testing.

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What cpu is this going on. Just because you want cheap, doesn't mean you'll get anything worth getting that isn't a total waste of money. Age not withstanding, I wouldn't put any of the above coolers on an 3770K or newer i7, definitely not on an i9, R7, R9 cpus and be hard pressed to think about even some R5's.

Rpm is useless as a gage by itself. You'd be better off with a 1200rpm, 50cfm fan than a 2200rpm 50cfm fan as the slower fan will almost always have higher static pressure and a much shallower curve, putting higher cfm through at lower than max speeds comparatively. Cfm by itself is useless without the sp to push it through the heatsink or everyone would be using high cfm airflow fans on radiators, not high sp fans. And a heatsink isn't anything more than a thick, free standing radiator.

Afaik, there is no DC mode for cpu_fan headers, they are all dedicated pwm, so any 3pin fan will be permanently at 12v, max speeds. Only 4pin PWM fans will be adjustable.

Ive seen the reviews for the snowman, even if the brand looks like crap, the cooler seems to work in line with what hyper 212 evo thermals are.
Now, how long will it last?; Will the fan start making noise in a month or 2? Imposible to know.

TechYesCity so far has not make any bad comment about snowman, so that could mean is not a total piece of crap and still works after some months.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a cooler from a recognized brand which is sold with an alternative tag do to, perhaps a not soo reliable fan, or mounts or something else with taxes or anything like that.

But once again, TechYesCity did the test and it performed well enough for the money.

If you could get a Gammaxx 400 that will be a better choice do to the brand.

Please be sure to come back and tell us your experience with the cooler you pick !!!!

Please be sure to come back and tell us your experience with the cooler you pick !!!!

Now see, THAT I like.

This, I DON'T like, because it is clearly a stew pot FULL of lies. There is ZERO chance, ZERO, that their generic fan is capable of providing 100cfm of airflow, and even claim that is the MINIMUM, but even claiming it was the maximum would be asinine, with a 120mm fan, and only have an 18-20db decibel level. Even Noctua wouldn't attempt to make a claim like that and their fans are the best to be had in the consumer segment. So, in light of that, everything else about the specs is likely flat out a lie a well and knowing that I could never buy a product from that company. It's one thing when they streeeetch the truth a little bit, and inflate their specs on paper. It's another thing altogether when nothing about their specifications is even remotely accurate. Review or not.

Fan size: 12012025mm
Bearing: hydraulic bearing
Speed: 900-1400+/-10%
Socket: 4 pins
Noise: 18-20 dB(A) mute
Air volume: 100 CFM Min
Voltage: 12V DC
Current: 0.32+/-10%A
Power: 4-6W
Life: 50,000 hours
Application:
Support below 150W CPU for inter LGA1150/1151/1155/1156/1366/775 interface for Core I3/I5/I7/Pentium/Celeron/Xeon.(When installing the CPU heat sink need to add assembly base)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arun05 and RodroX

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Current: 0.32A ±10%. That's 0.29A to 0.35A. Power: 4-6w.
Sorry but 4w = 0.33A and 6w = 0.5A. So what you have is cheap, mass produced knockoff type cooler, with official sounding wording and specs, that seriously do not add up.

The only way you'll get a 120mm pc fan over 100cfm is with fans like the Delta 'mega-fast', 252cfm 5700rpm and 67db. 18-20db is a joke.

Reactions: Arun05 and RodroX
Now see, THAT I like.

This, I DON'T like, because it is clearly a stew pot FULL of lies. There is ZERO chance, ZERO, that their generic fan is capable of providing 100cfm of airflow, and even claim that is the MINIMUM, but even claiming it was the maximum would be asinine, with a 120mm fan, and only have an 18-20db decibel level. Even Noctua wouldn't attempt to make a claim like that and their fans are the best to be had in the consumer segment. So, in light of that, everything else about the specs is likely flat out a lie a well and knowing that I could never buy a product from that company. It's one thing when they streeeetch the truth a little bit, and inflate their specs on paper. It's another thing altogether when nothing about their specifications is even remotely accurate. Review or not.

lol Thats why I said, the reviewed product were ok. And never talk about the specs :) .

I believe that maybe the heatsink is ok, but the fan will work for a while and then break down into smaller pieces in some months. Who knows, there are not many reviews to check this out.

But Im tempted to get one and try it out. It could be a rare jewel on a sea of crap.

Arun05

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
And also any thought about the Chiptronex Diffuser X500. I think it’s only available in Amazon India and Flipkart the only review I found was that on an antec a30 was hitting 85C(on an Fx-6300) and on the Diffuser X500 it didn’t go past 55C

Status
Not open for further replies.