[SOLVED] ALT TAB slower than usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dfssxrjsqgll

Reputable
May 7, 2020
Hello Guys,

Needing some suggestions here. I recently (today) noticed that whenever I'm trying to alt tab out of the game the screen will stay black for about 3 secs (usually its immediate). I've updated the gpu driver and also got windows updated but still no change.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
If the game is played in fullscreen mode and the game display settings are different than the desktop display settings, then it needs to change the settings whenever you alt-tab in or out, which takes a few seconds.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Dfssxrjsqgll

Reputable
May 7, 2020
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.
I think somehow after a windows update my refresh rate was changed to 59hz, but once I changed back to 60hz , it solved the issue atm. But I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind, thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.