[SOLVED] ALT-Tabbing Out and back in to a game reduces my FPS for a while ?

Dylan202

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Pretty much title. It's negatively impacting my games HARD, and even though its above 60FPS it still feels laggy and jittery. Video footage here; HELP MEEE

i JUST fresh installed GPU drivers with DDU. High Performance in Power Options. Game Bar disabled, Game Mode Disabled/Enabled (both dont work).
i also have two monitors if that changes anything, i dont know.

RYZEN 5 2600
RX 5600XT
16GB DDR4 3000MHZ RAM
AORUS B450 ELITE MBOARD
CORSAIR 550W PSU

Solution
If it's happening only in one app, then it's a problem with the app, not your system.

As for why that app is doing it, I don't know and I don't think there's a solution other than to report it as a bug to the developers. Or rather, the only "solution" is just avoiding alt+tabbing while using the app.

Dylan202

Reputable
May 9, 2019
When my game has LOW FPS, CPU USAGE goes up to around 80-90 percent, GPU around 10-20. When it goes back to normal the CPU USAGE goes down to around 30 percent, and GPU hovers around 10-30 (it goes up and down pretty frequently)

If it's happening only in one app, then it's a problem with the app, not your system.

As for why that app is doing it, I don't know and I don't think there's a solution other than to report it as a bug to the developers. Or rather, the only "solution" is just avoiding alt+tabbing while using the app.

Solution