Question Altering Windows 10 SSD Partition

osamamansoor

Honorable
Sep 8, 2016
Hi Experts,

I have 512GB SSD on HP ENVY 13-aq1013dx with Windows 10.

Due to some application logs or applications, my C Drive Partition is full and i wanted to expand the partition but Windows 10 is not allowing me to perform the required task.

Is there list of any good software which can expand C Drive Partition size taken from D Drive without any loss of data ?

Needs your suggestions

Hi Experts,

Due to some application logs or applications, my C Drive Partition is full and i wanted to expand the partition but Windows 10 is not allowing me to perform the required task.

Is there list of any good software which can expand C Drive Partition size taken from D Drive without any loss of data ?

Needs your suggestions
Look into partition wizard.

Ralston18

Titan
Is Windows providing some pop-up window with any explanation or error information?

I.e., why you are not being allowed to perform the partition expansion task.

No disagreement about the tools etc. but I would be cautious about why windows is balking.

And before doing anything be absolutely sure that all data is backed up at least 2 x to locations off of the drive in question.

Verify that the backups are both recoverable and readable.

Do the following:

Open Disk Management, expand the window to show all information.

Take a screen shot and post the screenshot here using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Just so everyone can see what you are working with.

Also: moving this thread from Apps and Software to Storage.

Previous posts are still valid but the topic is actually more Storage related.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Hi Experts,

Needs your suggestions
Please post a screencap of your current Disk Management window.
(upload your pic to imgur.com and post the link here)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS