Alternative method for the guard in Lud's Gate

The cool and quick way, as it leaves the diver hanging around, and
two SUV's for Lara to play with. This was the first useful place
I found for Lara to use the duck key while hanging to pull up into
a crouch (note don't press forwards or the guard will see Lara).

Here's a link to a 22 second video:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/tr3lgg.wmv

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The cool and quick way, as it leaves the diver hanging around, and
> two SUV's for Lara to play with. This was the first useful place
> I found for Lara to use the duck key while hanging to pull up into
> a crouch (note don't press forwards or the guard will see Lara).
>
> Here's a link to a 22 second video:
>
> http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/tr3lgg.wmv

That is such a cool trick - I can't believe the diver doesn't move once you
have killed the guard and moved in front of him! Does he never move after
that?

Kieran

>> Here's a link to a 22 second video:
>>
>> http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/tr3lgg.wmv
>
> That is such a cool trick - I can't believe the diver doesn't move once you have killed the guard and moved in front
> of him! Does he never move after that?

No, the diver is just part of the scenery, however it will harm Lara if
she touches it. Lara can get the UPV from the secret room below and will
find another one in the caves down the long tunnel, so she ends up with
2 upvs (and a 3rd if she uses upv fly bug). Note that if Lara goes down
the tunnel in the back this will close the secret room, so she'll need
to get all the goodies first if you want to go down that tunnel.

Really spooky is to use the upv fly bug and come into this from from the
far corner (going down the long chute), everything is there, but nothing
is moving.