Alton 599LMR motherboard

G

I recently purchased an Alton MB-599LMR motherboard with an AMD K-6 2 500MHz processor from PCAfterhours.com, but they have been unable/unwilling to help me. I am getting a POST error immediately after booting...2 beeps, a pause, then a single beep. I have exhausted every possibility I can think of. I have tried multiple DIMMs in slot 1, all are PC100 64MB @ 8ns. I have tried clearing the CMOS. At this point, the only components connected are the CPU, which tested OK, the monitor, the DIMM, and the power supply and switch. I already mailed the board back once, but I am getting the same error with the new board, and the ever-helpful folks at PCafterhours don't respond to my emails.
I went to the AmiBios website, but I can't confirm the version I have because I never get to see it display on the screen. How can I find out what JP1 does? It isn't listed in the book, but the jumper setting currently has pins 2-3 shorted. I've checked and double-checked the other jumpers and all are set fine. I even had a friend who is a network administrator take a look and he was stumped too.

James Maley

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What you describes sounds like a video problem have you tried with another video card? In all actuality the beep code for no video would be a long beep followed by two short beeps. I strongly suggest getting a cheap pci vid card and installing it and only it ( no other cards just the vid card memory and the processor). then see if you can get into your bios.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

James,

Did you solve this problem? I'm having a similar problem albeit with a differnt motherboard (DFI K6Xv3+/66) but with PC133 - 64MB and K6-2 533hz processor.

:cool: Don't sweat the petty things and pet the sweaty things

G

Sorry but I think the mobo you bought is manufactured by PCChips, so it sucks. Try looking for a bios at http://www.ping.be/bios

I'd try to sell to somebody your mobo - someone who wouldn't kill you.