Always getting "Unexpected End of Archive" cant repair

Awardf47

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Whenever I download a rar or zip file that is anything from 1-5 mbs, it downloads fully, and there are no problems. However, when I try to download anything above that, chrome will stop downloading for a second. For example, I'll be downloading a 23 mb file at 3mb/s, but chrome will stop downloading and instead of saying "Opening in _ seconds", it'll say "Opening when complete", and the download will be at 22 mbs, with a 0kb/s speed. Although it supposedly just stops there, without seeing the number of mbs downloaded go up, the download will complete. Then, when I try to open the file, I'm greeted always (no matter the file) with "Unexpected End of Archive". Even after trying to repair it using the WinRar repair, it will recover a few files, but I still can't extract anything because it tells me that the file is corrupt. I cannot use anything inside a newly downloaded zip/rar file anymore. It worked fine 2 days ago, but I am just starting to see this now. I tried using 7zip, but that gave me a message saying "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file" and would also not let me extract. This is very frustrating because most people put their files in a zip or rar, and whenever I try to download a mod, game, or software of some sort, I can't use it because I get the message and it says that the files are corrupt. I checked my hard drive for problems and came up with none. I'm not even sure that this is just for rar/zip files, I haven't tried a single exe or just a small file yet. Please help!

Solution
I just recently installed Bitdefender. I uninstalled it, and that fixed the problem. Doesn't matter, I still have avast. Thanks for your help.

Awardf47

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

I ran the program and it finished, didn't see anything wrong, still having the problem. By the way, to be exact I tried to download a 23.2 MB file and the download seems to cut out always at the 22.7 MB mark, then finishes without downloading the rest.

Awardf47

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I just recently installed Bitdefender. I uninstalled it, and that fixed the problem. Doesn't matter, I still have avast. Thanks for your help.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS