[SOLVED] always so slow starting up a video with default player Films & TV

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
my config - Windows 10, intel i5 2400, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, no video card.
every time I'd like to click on and start up a video it often takes a few seconds I am feeling frustrated.
yes you can say it is still "instant" but i have counted, after double clicking on the file it takes 3 seconds
to start up the player and it playbacks....
any way of speeding it up?

Solution
Hey Brannsiu,

I have always found that to be an issue with Windows 10 default Films & TV apps - however you didn't mention your windows version - so if its an earlier built, it would be missing some of the performance patches - upgrade as needed

VLC is one of the most popular players on the planet with over billions of downloads. Give it a go and see how you like it (very light weight) and you can get skins if you dont like the look
Hey Brannsiu,

I have always found that to be an issue with Windows 10 default Films & TV apps - however you didn't mention your windows version - so if its an earlier built, it would be missing some of the performance patches - upgrade as needed

VLC is one of the most popular players on the planet with over billions of downloads. Give it a go and see how you like it (very light weight) and you can get skins if you dont like the look

Solution