[SOLVED] Am i at fault here or did i do the right thing?

Jul 6, 2021
So i sent my card to RMA at Gigabyte (because fan rattled at startup) but they kinda made it go away and its barely being heard now (may increase over time) , tho i sold the card to an online buyer (face to face) because i just..don't feel like keeping it anymore and getting an RTX soon. The card warranty was transferred to him and everything was told to him from the company that fans were replaced once and that it was worked on by them. He still took the offer.
And i told him "You heard everything and accepted the offer , if anything happens to the card even after this day. Its you and warranty im out of the picture" am i at fault for saying that? He agreed to all these terms and its current condition after all.

The thing is tho i told him EVERYTHING from A to Z. But forgot to tell him that SOMETIMES (not always) the fans barely rattle on startup then is quiet as ever after it starts to spin. Since we both were in a hurry i forgot..am i bad for that?

Solution
If you attempted to tell him everything and it was a good faith attempt, I don't think that's wrong ethically speaking.

I understand the mixed feelings. I sold my 2080 Super for $600 earlier this year and while that's less than it was going for used -- I couldn't come around to selling it for more than I paid for it in late 2019 -- I made sure to tell the person buying it that $600 is a bad price from a value standpoint because after the shortage is over, a GPU of this power used should probably go for $300. He was aware of it and really needed the GPU and is happy with it, but I still felt a little off.

DSzymborski

Titan
If you attempted to tell him everything and it was a good faith attempt, I don't think that's wrong ethically speaking.

I understand the mixed feelings. I sold my 2080 Super for $600 earlier this year and while that's less than it was going for used -- I couldn't come around to selling it for more than I paid for it in late 2019 -- I made sure to tell the person buying it that $600 is a bad price from a value standpoint because after the shortage is over, a GPU of this power used should probably go for $300. He was aware of it and really needed the GPU and is happy with it, but I still felt a little off.

Solution