Question Am I being talked into poor parts they are trying to clear? RAM and otherwise

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
One of the custom suppliers I have asked for quotes from included for the RAM

4x 16GB DDR4-3200 Unbuffered DIMM

These dont have the heatsinks and appeared unbranded at first.
As opposed to the 4 x 16 GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengence LPX ram |I originally asked about.

When I asked why he said...

'We use the Crucial part number CT16G4DFD832A which helps us ensure all modules match, which helps ensure the RAM is running at the correct speed and timings, which improves stability. Corsair are rebranded modules that could be from any number of suppliers, we have no way of knowing prior to ordering them in. This being said, if we buy a set of RAM from Corsair it’s not usually a problem as they will be matched modules, and Corsair RAM is generally fine to use. I’ve added the Corsair kit to the options.'
Is this true?

Also he put down Ultrastar hard drives as opposed Seagate Ironwolf drives.

And tried to push the Enermax LIQTECH TR4 II 280 due to the much better hot plate (ignoring all the fails in a few months problems)

Part of the reason being to lower the cost

They do a onsite warrantee and have been friendly and helpful but am I getting talked into accepting rubbish parts they are trying to clear in a custom build?

D

Deleted member 14196

Much of that is true I would go with the crucial memory myself

What makes you think you need iron wolf drives? You’re probably just going over the top with everything and they trying to talk you down to a reasonable cost