[SOLVED] Am I bottlenecking or i need to upgrade

Aug 13, 2021
Hi, so recently i found out my pc is underperform, at first i thought its the game but then some games its doin its best. Then I saw that my pc is using more of my CPU then my GPU so i thought it was bottleneck, i check my rig online and its says not even 1% of bottleneck, i started askin my friends about my pc and they say it should be fine. At first, my pc is a pre-build, then i upgraded the ram and gpu, which is compatible to my pc which i asked the store, but then at first my pc is working fine, no bottlenecking, no nothing, but now it underperforming. The only difference is that i changed the cosmos battery cuz it was out. So what do i do?

My spec:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
Mother Board - MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS
RAM - Samsung 16GB (i can't find the full name of my ram in the cmd)
GPU - GTX 1650 SUPER
PSU - Silverstone Strider Essential 500W

Thanks for helping in advance

Solution
My rig is the same as this guy but idk why mine does not have the result as his

Unless you have an actual carbon copy of another system at the hardware and software level there's no way they will ever match completely. Different monitor drivers, SSDs, Windows versions and features, installed apps, even different audio software installations will all impact games and how they play. The best you can do is roughly approximate another system but to even do that you'd need to know everything about the other system even small details like ram timings. That video is almost 2 years old...even Windows10 has changed a lot in 2 years.
I agree with logainofhades that moving to a 2 x 8 16 gig kit will provide a nice boost over the slow single piece of ram you're running. Also moving to a Ryzen 3600 or 3600x CPU would provide a significant boost over the 2400g. An SSD for your game drive if you're not using one will also kick things up a notch.

Aug 13, 2021
O yeah not being able to run dual channel is definitely hurting performance, get another stick of identical RAM, or sell your single 16gig stick and buy 2x8gig sticks.

Yeah i know, but that doesn't explain why my pc uses my cpu not gpu, is there a bottleneck with the motherboard?

Yeah i know, but that doesn't explain why my pc uses my cpu not gpu, is there a bottleneck with the motherboard?

The poor memory configuration is causing the entire system to slow down. Also monitor resolution and graphics settings impact the GPU load. If you're gaming at 1080p or lower the CPU is working hard to feed the under utilized GPU while at higher resolutions like 1440p the GPU is working harder and the CPU has an easier time feeding it data.

Aug 13, 2021
The poor memory configuration is causing the entire system to slow down. Also monitor resolution and graphics settings impact the GPU load. If you're gaming at 1080p or lower the CPU it working hard to feed the under utilized GPU while at higher resolutions like 1440p the GPU is working harder and the CPU has an easier time feeding it data.

So does enabling XMP profile helps, cuz right now i really don't have money to spend on another ram

Aug 13, 2021
The poor memory configuration is causing the entire system to slow down. Also monitor resolution and graphics settings impact the GPU load. If you're gaming at 1080p or lower the CPU is working hard to feed the under utilized GPU while at higher resolutions like 1440p the GPU is working harder and the CPU has an easier time feeding it data.

So I need to put graphic quality on the high in games to increase the usage of gpu? cuz i play like R6S, Val, Apex (100% cpu) and some other games, all these games uses my cpu more than my gpu

Last edited:
So I need to put graphic quality on the high in games to increase the usage of gpu? cuz i play like R6S, Val, Apex (100% cpu) and some other games, all these games uses my cpu more than my gpu

With only one stick of RAM you are severely hampering your CPU. Can you afford one stick of RAM? If you can afford it buy RAM with the exact speed and timings as what you have in your computer. That information should be on the sticker on your stick of RAM. Dual channel will make a difference that you can see.

Aug 13, 2021
With only one stick of RAM you are severely hampering your CPU. Can you afford one stick of RAM? If you can afford it buy RAM with the exact speed and timings as what you have in your computer. That information should be on the sticker on your stick of RAM. Dual channel will make a difference that you can see.

If i get another sitck, does it fix my pc to use my gpu instead of my cpu?

If i get another sitck, does it fix my pc to use my gpu instead of my cpu?

I think you are misunderstanding computer speak from us. The CPU constantly accesses RAM for any task. In gaming a great deal of data flows from the CPU to the RAM and back to the CPU. Two sticks of RAM placed in the proper slots [if there are 4 slots, if only two slots there is nothing to worry about, you can't make a mistake] theoretically sends data to and from the CPU twice as fast as one stick of RAM. With your CPU severely hampered by much slower data throughput the CPU will slow games down.

I understand that many people do not have many years of experience in the computer hardware field and can get confused by the jargon or computer speak. I am trying my best to keep this simple for you.

Reactions: oldcracc
Aug 13, 2021
I think you are misunderstanding computer speak from us. The CPU constantly accesses RAM for any task. In gaming a great deal of data flows from the CPU to the RAM and back to the CPU. Two sticks of RAM placed in the proper slots [if there are 4 slots, if only two slots there is nothing to worry about, you can't make a mistake] theoretically sends data to and from the CPU twice as fast as one stick of RAM. With your CPU severely hampered by much slower data throughput the CPU will slow games down.

I understand that many people do not have many years of experience in the computer hardware field and can get confused by the jargon or computer speak. I am trying my best to keep this simple for you.

Yes i understand you, my one stick of ram is slowing down my cpu, games uses gpu instead of cpu right? You 're saying that my cpu isn't fast enough so it won't use my gpu?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45431267
Idk why it won't show my gpu and ssd, my gpu is 1650 SUPER and the ssd is the colourful SL500
I get the impression that ram is single speed.
Meaning no spd/xmp.
The only way to get that ram to go faster is to go manual and you DON'T want to go there.

So not only are you running single channel but your running low speed ram.
Save some bucks and shop for a 2933/3200 kit.....2x8GB.

In the mean time visit the mobo site and get the latest bios....non-beta and the chipset driver.

TRENDING THREADS